If shockwave turns on megatron, will it Backfire on the decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, May 3, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

It made me think from the other thread, with the possible backstabbing shockwave may do to megatron. Could it backfire terribly on shockwave and the decepticons, will it make the decepticons seen has a very dumb enemy, that they infact turn on megatron who knows the decepticons better than anyone. They give the humans and the autobots a huge ace in the hole, they get help from megatron. Especially when we see how optimus prime dismantles the fallen and megatron on his own. If the crazy idea ends up megatron helping optimus prime, the autobots, sentinel prime, and the humans, will it backfire and be the downfall of the decepticons plan.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I honestly think that Shockwave's backstabbing will screw both sides, Both Megatron and Optimus will be running like hell [and will both fight against him, together or not].

And it will blow up in Shockwave's face, not Megatron's.

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if Shockwave killed Megatron in the movie.

4. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Shockwave was just as loyal to Megatron as Soundwave. Why would he turn on him? I know this is the Bayverse but I think he would piss so many people off with a move like that he would not get alot of second and third viewings from the loyal fans.

5. Overlord Balder

What? Wasn't Shockwave who once said "I have only one Master: Logic."?

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Yes but he always kissed ass as much as Soundwave lol. Maybe it was for an alterior motive but I dunno. If anyone should turn on Megs, it should be Starscream.

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is, there are two very very different G1 Shockwaves. Cartoon Shockers was very loyal, but also pretty one dimensional. Comics was the backstabber... it will be interesting to see which they draw from.

8. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I hope they go with the backstabber just to create some conflict. It would be an interesting take.

9. Overlord Balder

Exactly.

The Whole 'Con army should be compared to X-men villains to better understand how Shockwave/Megatron relationship tends to work:

Megatron is Magneto, the casual villain who always causes damages when he fights, scheming bastard who never loses completely: If he's going down, someone else is also going.
    He never lies to the heroes as everyone knows his true nature so he does what people expect him to.

Meanwhile, Shockwave is Mr.Sinister, the plotter who may or may not backstab you, but it's always plotting something SINISTER [got it? Got it?] on his warped mind, he waits until the better time to take his action, giving everyone little time to react.
    He keeps the truth away from both his bosses and the heroes, only revealing his true plots at the ideal moment [and his plots are always something that will change the whole situation].

Got it?

10. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Despite what Bay's said about Shockwave being closer to his G1 comic incarnation, from reading the prequel comics (yeah they might not be strictly cannon I guess) all signs are pointing to a more loyal, Megs friendly, Shocky. Foundation shows him as argueably Megatron's oldest and closest friend.

Still I guess I wouldn't put it past him to pull a fast one on Megs and steal leadership, he's still a Decepticon after all.

11. Overlord Balder

Well his bios refered him as Megatron's rival, that gotta mean something.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It did say on his bio page the was the only to be considered a rival toward Megatron so he might betrary him we don't now. Sorry Starscream your not going to have a shot at leader any time soon.

13. Overlord Balder

My point, exactly.

I also doubt they would be marketting him as the Main Badass Villain if were only a loyal puppet to Megatron's rule.

14. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Maybe screamers in on it...I smell a coup

15. Overlord Balder

Maybe Shockwave and Starscream betray Megatron and then betray each other, that would be funny [mainly because Starscream would end up crawling back to Megatron and begging for pardon].

16. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

It may seem logical since the Decepticons have been getting their chasis handed to them. Shockwave may see Megatron as an unfit leader?

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Why should it backfire? For all we know, Shocky is a far more competent leader than Megs could ever be.

Also: fuck cartoon Shockwave.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 'bots are going to win regardless.

19. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Lol. Very valid point.

20. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

It would backfire, because that means shocky has to deal with a combo of megatron optimus prime and sentinal and that is some potent trio