If Sentinel leaved Cybertron with the Ark,the rest of the autobots leaved with what ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tm11176, Aug 29, 2012.

1. tm11176

tm11176 Well-Known Member

They haved a second Ark?

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Leaved?

3. tm11176

Lived,ok?

4. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Left.

And I don't really understand your question. You're not sure if an ENTIRE PLANET FULL OF BEINGS had more than one ship? Of course they had more then just one ship.

And if basic logic doesn't tell you that, then DOTM should. 1st we learned of the Xanthium's exsistance and even saw it in action twice. Then during the invasion of Chicago we saw MANY Cybertronian aircraft... MANY.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, they do have a second ship called the Ark, which they named in honour of the first Ark when they believed it was destroyed attempting to leave Cybertron, and that's what they used to leave the planet.

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

In the 2007 movie. Some Transformers arrived on Earth in transformed meteroite alt mode form.

Micheal Bay,Explained it was silly for transformers to board a huge space ship. to travel thru space. Due to them being able to scan any alt mode to suit their assignment.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And "had", not "haved".

Movie forum, I swear...

8. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

Well in ROTF Sideswipe, Arcee Triplets and the Twins came to Earth in the Xantium which was featured in DOTM

9. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Bay TF movies are best not examined for the fine plot points. Just turn your brain off, sit back and enjoy the action if you can. Don't think... it gets in the way.

10. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Bay shoots his own origin in the face, by saying the first movie Autobots arrived in " space meteor" form, presumably because asteroids are excellent space vehicles, despite being unpropelled.

But we'll forget all of that because the next batch of Baybots arrives in a space craft. And so did Sentinel.

Because the series has iron clad writing and stays true to it's own mythology, by ignoring all previous plot with each sequel.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yes. This entire technologically-advanced mechanical alien species has only one spaceship between the lot of them. Them building more would just be preposterous!

'Transformers turning into/riding around in spaceships!? But that's stupid. That would be like Darth Vader turning into his own lightsabre!' Or something idiotic like that was said by the film production back when the comet modes were first revealed.

12. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

(Shakes head) Ah, people these days. How sickening.

No. Just, no. I mean, how could you even think that. On the contrary, you need to think more to understand the movies. That's why I solved all the supposed plot holes without headcanon.

The Autobots quite obviously did not have access to a ship if they had to Protoform like that. Some others did. They got the Xanthium when the Wreckers brought it in.

Some, however, did have ships, such as Sentinel, who built his, and just about a hundred others. Mostly Decepticons, from the look of DOTM, but the Autobots could have had some. Either way, not that group.

And then there are the rare ones (Megs and Screamer) who have the necessary and rare ability to travel in space without reverting to a protoform. (It's been stated, not just a sarcastic comment or something I made up)

Plenty of ways and reasons for said ways to travel in space. In fact, I think I may have missed a few of those ways and reasons when typing this post.

13. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I can't even explain how much this made me laugh. Or should I say "maked me laugh"?
    :lolol 

14. tm11176

But how they left in protoform mode?It flies?

15. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

Oh I watch the Bay movies all the time and I still don't get bored at one scene :D  they're just the sort of move that you can watch over and over again without getting bored at all

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They had other ships in the movie universe. You see the xanthium in DOTM. Optimus' crew likely had a similar vessel, or they simply flew through space in protoform-mode.

Protoform-mode has a big rocket engine in the back, yes. It's like a meteor.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The toys for the Protoforms even came with flame-effect parts to plug into the tails so those could be taken as engine exhaust for an internal propulsion system.

18. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Sentinel and a Protoform crew controlled the Ark. Sideswipe, the Arcee Triplets, the bumbling Twins, Jolt and The Wreckers arrived through the Xanthium. In the 2007 film, Optimus and his original team arrived to Earth disguised as Cybertronian space meteors. The same probably went down for Bumblebee. I'm just gonna say that Dino and Que arrived the same way.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    In the book Ghosts of Yesterday the movie Autobots have a ship they use to fly around in space, and then they go into protoform-comet alternate mode to travel planet side.

I think the bigger picture here though is that there is an advanced alien race with interstellar capabilities. It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to think that they may have more than one way to travel.

Think about it. If you watched a James Bond movie and he flew to an island in a helicopter but then later flew to the same island in a jet you would just accept it.
    You wouldn't balk at the existence of a jet because you already saw the helicopter.

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    OP: The Transformers had other ships to leave Cybertron in, most notably the Nemesis and the Xanthium.

And anyway they also had their own protoform modes, which is good enough to travel from world to world on their own power. However, it makes sense that they'd have a spacecraft to serve as a moving base/home to come to.