if Season 3 is onYTV this fall...........

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Who's going to upload them on the internet...espically since fantransformers's banned. :( 

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    PrepareforOblivion

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    He's made a different account.

4. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FanTransformers only uploaded them to Youtube. Other people uploaded them other places first. (I remember that a few of them were very irritated because FanTransformers never gave credit to the person who uploaded them)

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Keyword "If" it is on in the Fall.

I personally would not recommend any holding of breath. Nasty feeling we're going to be disappointed.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It'd be really cool if it started sometime this fall, but I get the feeling that it'll be sometime next year before it starts. As for uploading them to the net, I personally don't care. I might watch a couple of them, but no matter when they are released, I'll still watch them on TV. Got nothing better to do on a Saturday morning, lol.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm losing my patience.
    Hopefully, season 3 wiil pop up no later than November and not not next year.
    I waited almost ayear for the toyline and now half a year til next season comes on TV.
    No fair, CN!:mad 

8. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i thought they weren't even working on it yet. wouldn't it be hard for them to finish episodes by fall?

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    somebody'll upload them. guaranteed

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    David Kaye recently stated in an interview what they said at Comic-Con. They are done with production of Season 3, but (stupid) Cartoon Network still needs to greenlight it.

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Ytv will allegedly be airing them in the Fall. Similiar to how BM was aired abroad before stateside.

Granted yes this means many will DL and stream instead of watching their domestic airings, but I hope this means those 'pirates' will use some tact and keep them in the areas they belong and not mainstream them for profits gain. Like certain bootleg dvd sellers did.

Keep the piracy to hubs and IRC, stop making it so universally reachable that any parent or child can just type it in google or youtube and find it. =/
    But I guarantee you outright, newsgroups, IRC, and Hubs will have them. Fanof was slow in that regard, never even giving credit to the encoder, and even trying to turn a profit on other's work by selling bootlegged sets. Believe it or not, there is a code of ethics to 'encodes' and he's blatantly ignored that to an even insulting disregard of respect of time labor, let alone the original creators work.

I personally hope CN starts actually doing something about the mainstream access to their property. Since they do maintain a stream schedule on their site for episodes. The lowkey ends usually always slip through, and always will, but the mainstream access needs to be curtailed better for the masses who don't grasp the damage they do by doing this. Even the Ben 10 AF alien X premiere took a hit in ratings due to it being available on youtube unofficially the week prior due to abroad airings.

Also of note media wise.
    Hasbro will officially have a power hour of tv with Nickelodeon. While nothing of transformers relation. Nick has licensed the rights for the new Ironman, and X-men cartoons for their stations. Hope they don't end up going back to back to TFA.
    And I'm pretty sure CN has 'greenlit' tfa season 3 production. Just has yet to make a proper announcement, waiting till the fall for. They just haven't 'greenlit' it for airing domesticly yet would be the accurate term.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I hope it airs a bit later, I couldn't stand to wait 6+ months again for toys of awesome characters.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Considering the rate the waves are going, we may see the start of Animated season 3 waves as early as christmas. Which would coincide with a winter premiere for them. Keep in mind season 3 bots don't need to all be on shelves at once, just a few, and with Jetstorm and jetfire both already slated in voyager waves, and having a potentially huge part in season 3, they would make sense to be the first for season 3 bots to be released.

Though who knows who else may sneak into that arcee deluxe wave as well.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the last Season 2 Wave is probably coming early 2009 or later, you're probably WAY off with your dates.

15. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. There are probably 2 more season 2 waves after wave 5, so its going to be a while until we see season 3 toys.

16. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    This Christmas is about when we'll be getting the ones we've seen pictures of, like Blurr and Swindle, but the Season 3 stuff will be way off. Probably next summer.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, if it airs in Canada, there's that encoder on the east coast who'll probably do all the episodes.

Sadly, I can't recall his handle. Knight or something like that.

18. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    well, there's three forseeable options I can think of:
    Hubs (Iacon Hub for instance)
    Bit Torrents
    or Youtube *sigh*

But if Cartoon Network were smart, they'd see to it that Canada and US were aired simultaneously that way there would be no need for piracy, not to mention cartoon network would have better ratings. Afterall, if someone's already downloaded and watched the foreign airing of the episode, they're not as likely to watch it when CN airs it. I know those who download are a small percentage at best, but every rating counts does it not?

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    As far as I know, the only waves we have left besides repaints is the coming swoop one that's hitting shelves now, and shockwaves voyager wave, wreckgar's as well.

After that, we have blazing lockdown's wave(swindle, blurr etc), and no word for after that.
    after Blazing Lockdown's wave should be Arcee's wave, among others. We have no word who'll be in her wave, just that she's slated to have a toy, and considering no deluxe wave 6 has been listed, that seems to be the safe assumption for now, as we've seen all the molds till the end of deluxe wave 5. That will probably be roughly dec-january. So until Hasbro announces the next set. The start of season bots will be whenever jetstorm/Jetfire gets worked in. Which looks like it'll be somewhere around the wreckgar voyager wave. So christmas or so to allow room in November for shockwave's wave, if he doesn't hit sooner.

My dates aren't 'off' till the releases prove that or Hasbro does. As it is, the releases have been pretty steady with end of september start of october looking like the next deluxe wave starting to hit, which leaves them 3 months of unknown deluxe releases. We are also on voyager wave 4 now, with wave 5 going to be Shockwave and skywarp, that leaves Voyager waves 6+ unknown besides two already known voyagers we don't have waves numbers for. One of which we already know will be jetfire/jetstorm, who guess what?

Are season 3 bots. And planned before even the Arcee deluxe was. So chances are they'll hit this year still. Which means a season 3 bot will be on shelves before the end of the year and before the season 2 bots are done getting on shelves.

It's also already been established that screamer repaints will be coming for awhile as well. But they'll still filter in a new voyager here and there. As far as we know, there are only 3 voyagers not released that have been talked about. Shockwave, wreckgar, and Jetstorm/Jetfire. Assuming they wouldn't swamp the market at the same time on jet molds. It can also be assumed the Jetstorm jetfire voyager wave won't have a screamer repaint. So that leaves wreckgar to go with them, since we know shockwave is in the wave with skywarp. So that'd make them Voyager wave 6 or 7 since shockwave is wave 5 I believe. Personally I'd lean wave 6 voyager for them then, so Hasbro can break up the monotony of the screamer repaints, and have time to prep a new mold for a screamer repaint wave in 7.

The only season 2 bots not planned for waves yet and left are Arcee and the constructicons. After this current swoop wave is the swindle etc wave, so those should be on shelves by oct, which doesn't account for the coming holiday releases.
    Wreckgar and Jetstorm/Jetfire are planned, and allegedly ready to go. We just don't know when or what wave yet for sure. So yeah January at most for season 3 bots. Especially depending on who else is in Arcee's wave.

Also considering the shelf life of supreme toys, if we see omega supreme, it won't be until next year. So yes, season 3 bots will show up before season 2 bots are done. Not to mention, Oil Slick may be a season 3 bot already, and Arcee herself is a season 1 bot. So When they appear in the show doesn't exactly dictate when they hit shelves either.

The bulk of season 3 bots won't be until next year, but they'll probably start off this year with Jetstorm and Jetfire, and if Arcee's wave gets worked in before christmas, whoever they pair her up with in that wave too.

The constructicons may be spoiler-ish, so they may hold them off till next year. Even if they look like their season 2 counterparts, if they have a season 3 gimmick, it would be held back longer with others of it's type with said gimmick for their wave. Jetfire/Jetstorm have each other's gimmick and aren't bound to potentially more releases sharing that gimmick with them.

As for downloading, Veoh, megavideo, and megaupload will also be highly used. Though I really wish CN would provide a better option since they've already witnessed the dip before in shows from it. If you really want to get the episodes fast though, and don't feel like waiting. Your best bet are Hubs and IRC. Torrents are honestly dangerous to use for tracking reasons, and streaming can be removed quickly, but won't get you warnings.
    Newsgroups are also on top of it quite fast. And I already know of 2 cappers who'll be doing it in canada.

(Just because I'm an advocate of the dangers of piracy doesn't mean I don't keep tabs on what's available where and how fast. To be frank, it's from being a pirate myself for the past decade that's given me the knowledge I now carry about the dangers and misuse of it within mass public reach. The Animated DL numbers are frighteningly higher than what would be expected for piracy of a TF broadcast or 'kid's cartoon'. Though not as frighteningly high as some of the other CN shows. Every season, those numbers grow, almost exponentially at that. Back in the day where it didn't reach mass public ease, it was a small percentage, now not so much. ^^;; )

2 cappers on IRC will be doing it as far as I'm aware, as will one Iaconhub capper. Though I'm not entirely sure on this yet as I've yet to enquire with them about it. Just know they've stated before they would. Waiting till actual airdates in canada to make sure they don't forget, or change their minds. So yes it will be capped and uploaded online. Just not immediately made available for the masses until someone that grabs from them uploads to a form more easily reachable by people that don't have the various p2p know how. The lowkey end of piracy vs public availability.

Which honestly, will eventually happen, as it did to iaconhub during various years when they even stated 'do not torrent our encodes, if we want them torrented we will do it ourselves.'

20. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I really think the big problem is that networks really just arent getting that as long as there is a significant gap between the release of a TV show in one country and in another there will be rampant illegal downloading I mean here in AU they have started 'fast tracking' some shows but as an example even being fast tracked Heroes was still over 2 weeks behind the US then 7 the network that airs heroes made the ridiculous mistake of not showing the last 2 episodes of season 2 because our ratings season had ended it was a moronic choice that in this age of internet use was old fashioned.

The entertainment industry keeps clinging to old ideas that just really dont work holding back tv shows so that they fit into ratings seasons or holding off on releasing movies so they can release them on school holiday weeks and such just isnt working properly anymore and just leads to more people looking to the internet.

In the end someone is going to have to take a serious look at the situation and determine if more revenue is lost by doing more global releases and thus reducing the revenue lost by downloading or if the old system of timed releases still brings in more revenue even factoring in the loss from downloading and just move on.