If Scourge,Cyclonus know they are Reincarnation of Thundercracker,Skywarp?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 19, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,i have a question ,what if G1 Scourge and Cyclonus regain it past life memory as Thundercracker and Skywarp ,will they will still show full and blind loyal to Galvatron ?
    Thundercracker and Skywarp are not really to Megatron in G1 and both are coward compare to Scourge and Cyclonus ,am i right ?
    Will they betray Galvatron ?

Will they forgive it brother Starscream who throw them into space ?
    Let assume that Scouge and Cyclonus attack India in war against Autobot in season 4 and Capture a powerful Buddhist Lama ,the Buddhist Lama use some spell help them to regain it past memory as Thundercracker and Skywarp or Bombshell and both of them believe in Reincarnation and become Buddhist?

Thanks.

2. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

I don't think Scourge and Cyclonus know who they were. Unicron reformatted them while they were dead. They seem to only know who they are now, not who they were.

Galvy on the other hand, was wide awake when Unicron reformatted him, and he damn well knows he was Megatron.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't remember them being dead. Dying, yes, but not dead.
    Personally I think they would know, but wouldn't really care. But then if I'd just been brought back from the brink of death and given an infinitely more powerful body, I doubt I'd care much either.

4. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

Oh yeah they were dead, or knocked out.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, Cyclonus doesn't remember being BOMBSHELL. You know it's true.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Here we go again!!!!
    What is this like the millionth thread about this.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say they inherited the memories - but not personalities - of their predecessors. This seemed to be the case with Galvatron so it stands to reason that it would apply to the rest. Scourge came across as particularly loyal to Unicron with his "But we belong to him" line.

The second part of your post is probably beyond the scope of what can be discussed within the rules here.

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Humm, I say they know and don't care. They were givin much more power and rank. I would think that Star Scream wouldn't be able to stand next to them ever again.

In Star Screams Short lived return, as soon as the Decpitcons seen him they all started shooting at him. LOL. I dont think its just Galvatron that hates him.

9. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Best explanation I've heard for this.

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    in the battle in space comic cyclonus makes a reference to his former self so i think they know they just dont care

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've become a greater fan of the idea that the Unicronians (save Galvatron) are amalgams rather then reformatted beings.

Classics Cyclonus points to this and it makes sense that a being like Unicron would Frankenstein them together then breathe new life into it.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If they're aware of their past selves (which could very well be the case, as Galvatron remembers his time as Megatron not so fondly in the comics), I don't think they see themselves as the same beings. They see themselves as ascended forms of those previous beings, and would probably look down on their time as Skywarp/Thundercracker/Bombshell/Whatever much as Galvatron seemed to be somewhat ashamed of his time as Megatron.

And I doubt they'd convert religions, seeing as they'd probably think "what do fleshlings know about anything", and they'd have had pretty good evidence for staying faithful to their own religion, seeing as they worked for the robot devil for a while.

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    When one considers the emphasis that Decepticon ideology places on the gathering and enhancing of personal power (both politically and militarily speaking), I am as certain as one can possibly be about the minds of fictional characters that they really don't care about their previous selves. When you take a step up the ladder from being simple soldiers to being numbers two and three in the Decepticon's political hierarchy, you really wouldn't care all that much either.

14. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to view Cyclonus and Scourge as new characters, maybe slightly influenced by Skywarp/Bombshell and Thundercracker. It makes it easier to eventually bring the older characters back and still keep the newer characters. Maybe Unicron ate the "original" Cyclonus and Scourge and kept their new designs in storage until he wanted to unleash them.

+-MWG-+

15. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

In the cartoon, at least, neither Cyclonus nor Scourge (nor any of the Sweeps) shows any indication that they were once someone else.

Everyone tossed out of Astrotrain was still alive. Megatron was badly wounded, and the Insecticons were in rough shape. Both Thundercracker and Skywarp ran into Astrotrain under their own power; neither one seemed all that badly damaged. Just before being tossed out, the Insecticons seem to have some difficulty standing up; Skywarp and Thundercracker don't.

Additionally, all 5 of them retain their color just before Unicron pulls them in to reformat them. None of them seems to be capable of moving under their own power by the time Unicron gets to them, though.

The New Decepticon Creation sequence underwent heavy revisions; none of the scripts I've seen specify who got tossed out of Astrotrain, and the intent of the writers seems to be that everyone but Megatron was dead. If you accept what the movie presents literally, then they probably do remember who they used to be. On the other hand, if you accept what the movie presents literally then Kickback, Thundercracker, and two Skywarps were present at Starscream's coronation despite having been reformatted in the previous sequence. :D :D :D 

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I still like to think they were just similarly colored random background Seekers that got reformatted since we see both Skywarp and Thundercracker at Starscream's coronation. Not canon by any means but it works for me :D 

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well Skywarp was back by the time of Beast Machines. So at a guess at one point he was rebuilt and regained his memories.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I remember being a teenager, but it doesn't mean I'd ever revert to being that pencil-necked dork, or go back to valuing what he did or observing the same loyalties. Same thing.

And they never had any brotherly love for Starscream anyway. I always liked that, no matter that they looked exactly alike in build, that they didn't much care for each other at all.

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

In before Sto-vo-Kor makes an appearance in this thread to point out that the opening premise has a flaw in it... :) 

zmog