If Prowl got one, why not Soundwave and Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    The justification for making a Universe Prowl and an Animated Prowl was because their alt modes were so different, right? well, a Scion xB looks different from a tape deck. a tank doesnt look like a handgun (sorta), plus the Animated one has multiple other forms. so do you think they are different enough to warrant their own Universe toys?

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The way these things have been selling I think people would buy them no matter what.

3. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    There's already been a Classics Soundwave; Music Label Soundwave is pretty much the most perfect Classics soundwave we could get. He's not cheap or super easy to come by, but he fits the bill as a modernized version of his G1 self, and he even has minions if you want to shell out some extra cash.

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    They'd be stupid not to give us both Shockwaves, as one is a purple gun, and the other is white & blue tank...

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Except that it would be hard to make an unrealistic purple gun as a Transformer, even IF it's unrealistic. Simply due to toy laws.

Though mind you I'm convinced that he's unrealistic enough to work, plus he has the benefits of being colored purple - but what do I know?

As for Soundwave, given that the new Ravage is backwards compatible I'm pessimistic about one of those. Though I'd love a new Rumble/Frenzy mold.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, if they do make new Universe versions of Soundwave and Shockwave, I'd prefer they actually had vehicle modes. I've never been a fan of Object-formers. Hell, just change Energon Shockblast's giganto-arm, throw a coat of paint on him and he's a dead ringer for the original imo.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of object formers either, at least not without a similar size alt mode toy to go along with the figure. (Take Megatron, I'd be OK with Megs if he came with a gun mode version of himself with the universal peg hole, so that any modern TF can hold him.)

Anyway, I'm all for Enegon Shockblast in a new color scheme with a new left arm.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    since the line JUST started, it's way too early to complain about not getting certain figures.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

What, are you kidding? We're Transformers fans, it's never too early to complain!

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, im not complaining-im hoping. nuttin wrong with hoping. but ya, i think that if they could do Classics Megatron as a gun, they could make us a Shockwave.

11. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Well, there is that 3rd party company that is making the Megatron gun that Classics toys can hold.

Though, it's likely we'll eventually get a Leader-sized Megatron and Optimus in Universe 2.0, when sales of Animated Megatron and Optimus slack off (Ugh. The Voyager size works so much better for them in Classics/Universe. The leaders don't HAVE to be the biggest guys on their side!). THAT Megatron will probably get some kind of different vehicle Alt-mode... maybe something more Cybertron-ish.

As for Soundwave... it depends if he appears in the new TF movie or not. If so, then there's pretty much no chance of a Universe Soundwave anytime soon. If not, then if he's gonna happen, it'll be around the time of the movie release, when Animated Soundwave is old and busted.

12. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    QFT.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I hope you realise your major flaw in that statement have you heard of classics megatron? Plus what idiot would confuse a purple alien gun toy for real?I mean the world is filled with people foolish but not THAT foolish.

14. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Bob Orci confirmed Soundwave for the movie.

15. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A cop at night confronted with an idiot with a gun shaped object in his hand.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see new Classics styled toys for both Soundwave and Shockwave in the new Unvierse line. Since we now know not all of the Voyagers will be repaints, I personally hope that we see new mold Voyagers for Soundwave and Shockwave. Or at the least another chance to get a reissue of Soundwave, and some sort of new mold for Shockwave. I'm not sure what they could turn into, but a tape deck and laser gun are pretty much out of the running. A tape deck makes absolutely no sense nowadays, and due to toy laws it's severely doubtful if we'll ever see a Transformer toy turn into anything resembling anything like a gun ever again. I'd be happy with Soundwave turning into some kind of big communications truck/van, and Shockwave turning into some sort of futuristic looking stealth type jet.

17. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uhh a COP? Especially if it being held by a 12yr old black kid, our skin apparently makes toys look more real :) 

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Didn't Hasbro state that as of now reissue Soundwave is classics Soundwave? Still would enjoy a voyager Soundwave and a Ultra Shockwave though.

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Hasbro has said they wouldn't be able to make Classics Megs anymore as it is today.

Probably a combo of gun laws getting tougher/having to compromise more on the colors.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They've said it a couple times that "Reissue Soundwave is good enough for us". Personally I hope their just keeping plans for a new mold for him as secret as possible. Personally I'd love to see Soundwave and Shockwave get new mold Voyager class figures. Ultra is ok, but, more than a couple and the shelves get crowded fast, and the wallet empties even faster. The two biggest TF's I plan on buying in the next couple years are Ultra Onslaught and Silverbolt.

Yep. Sad but true.