If Prime Ends, Would you like a G1 Remake?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheSCATTORSHOT, Jun 26, 2011.

?

If Prime Ends, Would you like a G1 Remake

Poll closed Oct 8, 2014.
  1. Yes, I Would Like a G1 Remake

28.7%
  2. No, The G1 Series should be where it is

54.5%
  3. Yes, But only if we get proper people to Produce

18.0%
  4. Im Not Sure

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not me. I loved Animated, but it's time is over. Let it live on in comic fiction like G1.

2. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

I would in a heartbeat.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Definitely not me. While it was good for a while, it's over, and should remain a thing of the past, imho.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Not me, I loved Animated but it should only return in other styles of media beside TV. Plus it had mainly the same G1 core group, so it was still a G1 reboot anyway. I want something without G1 named characters in it a true total reboot.

5. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if i've misinterpreted what you meant or not but how can you have a "True total reboot" without any G1 characters? That's kind of like saying, lets redo all the superheroes but change their names, histories, powers and virtually everything that makes them, Them ...?
    Like i said i might have misinterpreted what you meant so if you were meaning a reboot of Animated, never mind what i said .... lol

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That'll never happen. The names need to stick around... but I think AEC did it the best by using the names but totally redefining the characters. Look at Armada Starscream, for crying out loud! RID too (but I never saw more than one episode of RID).

7. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

RiD was a real fun series. Didn't take itself overly serious, wasn't overly comedic, a good mix and a nice story. I wouldn't mind a redo of RiD myself. ;) 

I'm of the group that says "Leave G1 as is". It is done. The CHUGS toyline is its continuation. Play with your toys. Make up your own series. It's dead before it starts as a cartoon, without major revisions/doing it from scratch and the fact that it lives on in comic book form should be enough to satisfy people. What other 80s cartoon/toyline STILL has the comics going for them now, besides it and GI Joe?

For those of us who hated Rebirth (like me), ignore it. It was a fever dream of Daniel's or something. Buy this instead, it's a far better season 4:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1309396873&sr=8-1

If you want, you get free shipping on orders over $25. This would push you over and fits great with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1309396891&sr=8-1

That way you have the END of the G1 series and the START of it, in one purchase. I'm looking forward to mine coming in, next week or week after. What more can you want? ;) 

8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    If TFPrime ends they should do a new Beast Wars series to follow Prime, Have it set in Modern Times that way they can reuse some of TFPrime models.
    Heck have episode crossovers between the Autobots and Maximals (New/Original) vs. Decepticons and Predicons (G1), basically its a extra season/spin-off were if any of the unfinished plot points of TFPrime could be finished to pan out the story or transition to the new team and test the waters to see if Transformers can return to a all Beast cast; and if not transition back into a vehicle cast when the Decepticons regroup with out rebooting. I would Like to see both Beast teams and Vehicle teams explored in the same series.

Heck what if the Decepticons looses where so great they make a time machine, and transport to different time periods. Would be a great excuse to have many different alt-modes from different periods and cultures; think Galaxy Force but through time... and good, plus logical reasons for Dinobots.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'm shocked at the number of people who are fine with TFA being left where it is.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think that's just what they are saying.

11. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Me too! Though I prefer a loyal Shockwave since Starscream is the treaturous one.

I also would be ok with an RiD redo. I thought the first one was too silly but I still liked the characters. It was the incarnation that brought me back into collecting. Sorry to the Beasties here, but I hated Beast Wars. The whole concept just doesn't work with Robots. (That's why you see other incarnations of beast modes as actual robots in their alternate mode, no mistakes about it.)

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Kinda like the people who say they aren't bothered by exclusives getting domestic retail releases?

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Transtech, bitches.

14. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I'm all for a new original idea.

15. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I would be interested in that, but its time has passed. It only worked as a sequel to BMac, and that show's been off for a decade now.

Now, Transtech designs (perhaps updated and revised) with a different plotline/story that could be interesting.

16. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would. Easily.

G1 was over. It was done. It was killing the brand it started.

Animated still had legs going by all the stuff that was going to go down in a forth season and was abruptly ended before it could tie up all its loose ends. After that though, I would probably agree to leave it as it ran its course.

17. JazzMeister19

JazzMeister19 Well-Known Member

No thank you. I love G1, but I don't want to see a remake. I would, however, love a series that is after season 4 and between Beast Wars. Especially if Rodimus could come back to power, still have Optimus involved of course.

Maybe part of the story could be Optimus mentoring and preparing Rodimus for becoming a leader again. Have the series leads us towards the creation of Maximals and Predacons (BW), explore civilian life on Cybertron, go into detail about G1 Transformer gender roles, maybe retcon/add Primus to the Quintesson origin (Primus could have made the original Transformers and then the Quintessons could have genetically altered the Transformers into what they are now and sold them like in the original G1 series) and show Rodimus as a capable leader. I also think it would be cool if the other comic book Decepticon/antagonist leaders got added to the series to give Rodimus a harder time, mainly because revived Galvy/Megs should be Optimus duty in my mind. Ratrap's ancestor, Arcee's sibling, must make some sort of cameo for lol factor. Mainly I just want a fun and lively show that adds to the mythos of one of my favorite series.

I'd also love a series after Beast Machines, just so we could move past the techno-organic Cybertron. I'd also like to learn more about the Vok, what's going on with the Predacon tribunal now, and see more of what Cybertron became like during the Maximal's times. Rattrap's bars would be a sight lol It would be cool to see older versions of the BW/BM cast not necessarily as the main cast but, like seeing Silverbolt and Blackarachnia having a family, or something like that. It would also be cool to see Tigertron and Airrazor come back after being set free from the Vok, or being Vok enforcers. I would definitely have to have Rhinox, BW Megs, and Primal back. I will forever refuse to accept that ending for Rhinox and Primal just didn't get to look cool throughout most of BM.

18. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

Yea I think it just needs that one last awesome season 4 and then end, it's better to burn out than to fade away. And with a shorter life span, the toys will look like they belong to a single line.

If Prime ends I hope Hasbro does something new. G1 was great while it lasted but they need to keep on evolving the brand and mythos.

19. nightdiamond

nightdiamond Well-Known Member

I think G1 in a way, has already been remade, with Armada, Energon, Animated etc.
    As long as they use the original names of the g1 characters, and similar premises they can be thought of as G1 remakes.

I've always been a big fan of the original, even though I freely admit the art sucked at times, and the dialog was cheesy as hell.

But it ended too soon-I wanted more. It also ended too lame for my taste.

With all the advanced animation techniques, more mature story lines, it would be too good to pass up. All the stuff fans ever wondered about, they could cover-life before the war, origin of Megatron-the potential is huge.

We now have the technology, the better writing, and the Transformers are as popular as ever, so why not redo it and have at it?

20. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

Whilst it would be nice, it was just be an issue of capturing the feel and atmosphere the original G1 series had. It's been years since G1 ended so I think that this task would be difficult. So no, I think that they should leave it as it is. Better to be remembered as a classic then try to recreate it.