If Prime Ends, Would you like a G1 Remake?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheSCATTORSHOT, Jun 26, 2011.

?

If Prime Ends, Would you like a G1 Remake

Poll closed Oct 8, 2014.
  1. Yes, I Would Like a G1 Remake

28.7%
  2. No, The G1 Series should be where it is

54.5%
  3. Yes, But only if we get proper people to Produce

18.0%
  4. Im Not Sure

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Transformers: Prime ever ends for some type of Reason, Do you want Hasbro to do a CG or Cartoon G1 Remake?

Now I know this may cause a big controversy with G1 Fans. Don't start hating on me please.

Remakes have a reputation of being bad or good. Bad Remakes Like Nightmare On Elm Street are bad maybe due to the writers and Producers having no respect for the source material. Good Remakes are a possibility on TV and Movies, Hawaii Five-O i find is a good remake(Opinions are Opinions). A G1 Remake could work if we get guys who have respect for the source material and I am also referring to you guys at TFW 2005, because personally, I think some of the people on the forum could make extraordinary Transformers Stories.

Tell me your Opinions below.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    No, because I'm sick to death of G1. I loved it in the 80's, I was pleased to see it wasn't forgotten in the 90's, I nostalgia'd for it, but I'm long since over it. Honestly, I think too much of the fandom is a stick in the mud that wants to see the same damn thing over and over again. We get series after series that mostly apes it, comic series after series that are rebooting and telling the same story over again, and toylines that are pretty much the same thing over and over again.

I love CHUG (Yeah, whatever, it sums up the toylines.), I want to see it continue, but ideally, that would be it.

I want something new for the real mainline. It's part of what I loved so much when I first saw BWNeo, it was something new. It wasn't set on Earth, it wasn't a recycled cast, and it wasn't a recycled plot. Other then some design cues on Big Convoy and what happened at the end, there was next to no homage characters/designs/plots.

3. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    G1's been done to death. We have a TV show, three major comic series (admittedly one was cut really short), video games galore, and one toyline almost entirely dedicated to G1 after another.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No, if Prime ends I want to see a true reboot. I want to see new characters and new factions again. It's starting to feel like an broken record to me after ten years of seeing bots and cons.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, for all the reasons stated already. Do something new.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Word for word, scene for scene adaptation of Marvel G1, with updated robot designs.

Give us the G1 cartoon that should have been. The Sunbow offering was awful.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Exactly.

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I would absolutely love a G1 remake, but it would have to be done right. 3D animated TF's like in the movies, G1 accurate robot and alt-modes using real cars, and no more silly animation errors. Sure, it would be expensive, but it would be freaking awesome as hell I think! If it can be done realistically and not cartoony, I'd be all over it.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, haven't they been remaking G1 to some extent or another for years now? I'd rather see something like Beast Wars Season 1 (before it became G1: The Sequel), something completely new and revolutionary.

I'd love to see an animated version of the Marvel continuity, but I don't know about word-for-word and scene-for-scene. If they did that, it would probably take a whole episode just for that section of the first issue where the entire cast stood around rattling off their names and exposition on their personalities/powers. Plus, more importantly, we'd have to sit through animated versions of the really awful issues (Prime kills himself over a video game!) and the later stuff Budiansky was phoning in, as well as dealing with the abrupt personality changes in some characters as soon as the series hit Furman's run. I'd rather they did an adaptation that kept the general story beats but trimmed out some of the crap and adjusted sections to make it a more cohesive series.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's been so many G1 remakes...

I'd rather see a new take on the concept.

11. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Uhh...no. I love G1, but what would be the point in this? Now, a continuation to the US G1 cartoon would be nice, but that's not going to happen.

12. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    well, only if they follow a plot of some sort and its not entirely "to sell toys".

like season 1 goals should be:
    -introduce transformers, who they are why "they wage battle", why they left cybertron.
    -DINOBOTS that arent redonkulous.
    -DEVASTATOR.
    -skim over what energon is, and why its important the cons dont have it.
    -keep human interaction to a "hello." or keep under cover until end of season 1

season 2 goals:
    -focus more on energon collection
    -project "Space Bridge" (finale story arc?)
    -OMEGA SUPREME
    -introduce cybertron, give some brief, yet forgettable, mention of Primus and Unicron
    -hint around project "scramble city" but only here or there ina few episodes. maybe show schematics in back ground.
    -Arial Bots stunticons.

Season 3 goals:
    -introduce new cybtron-tech, Mini-cons. (head/target/engine masters maybe PCC as well)
    -Project "Scramble City" (possible season Climax arc)
    -kinda hint or talk about pretender tech.
    -Megatron breif disappearance.
    -Protectobots and Bruticus.
    -Focus on this season should be the mental strain on some autbots from war, and decepticons should have boiling points between each other. namely Starscream and Megatron.
    -Death of Optimus Prime Season finale

-Raise of Rodimus Prime-
    -Touch more on Unicron and Primus
    -Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime
    -Galvtron
    -Starscream Dies
    -Predacons (G1)
    -mincons leave cybtron aboard a "Giant Star Craft", seeking out cleaner fuel source and sick of war.

Season 4 goals
    -Show Rodimus struggle with command, but instead have him learn from failures.
    -Galvatron becomes more agressive about fueling his plans on attaining energon, attacking other planets rich with energy.
    -introduce Omnicons and Terrorcons (like energon).
    -hint at Project "Aracnid"
    -Season Climax Starscream revived, forms his own army, while remaining Decepticon. Make starscream more like armada SS, and have many 'Cons debate joining him.
    -Season Finale Quintesauns

Season 5 goals:
    -Project "aracnid" (g1 scorponok)
    -Minicon's Return (G1 fortress maximus)
    -much talk of need for more "Fuel effecient Bodies"
    -Season Climax Hate Plague and Optimus prime rebirth
    -Focus on OP and his take on how Cybertron has changed, and distaste for how Galvatron has fallen since his days as megatron.
    -Galvatron VS Optimus Prime, Scorponok takes lead of Cons, OP Badly Damaged
    -Planet Wide battle on Cybertron, primes spark transfered to minicon, Power Master Optimus Prime - end season

Season Six Goals:
    -Optimus Prime is often interupted discussing concept of "micro" transformers.
    -Scorponok is extremely aggressive towards Starscreams Army.
    -Huge Decepticon battle. Scorponok Vs Starscream
    -discovery of Plasma Energy Chamber DEEP within Cybertron.
    -Starscream joins Autobots, SS deems Scorponok "as shameful to the deceptibrand".
    -Deszaras and Star Saber are introduced.
    -Optimus Prime and Star Saber begin Project "all are one".
    -Optimus Prime sends out galaxy wide broadcast to all Cybertronians. Starscreams speaks otu as well.
    -Battle on Planet Chaar
    -after defeating Decepticon Army, the great reformat begins

-End-

-Epilogue-
    -formation of predacons
    -foundation of maximal concil
    -Optimus Prime leaves for space exploration.
    -Optimus Primal makes name for self
    -Show Megatron (from season 3) in space near a satelite laughing and saying, "the ultimate gamble for the ultimate Prize!"
    -Optimus Primal is assigned to "Project Axalon"
    -play beast wars theme
    -fade to black ....

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I want new stuff.

14. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

What I've always wanted and still maintane to this day is not a Reboot of G1, but a CONTINUATION of it. Think about all the stories and characters that we never got to see animated and performed in English. At least not properly with good deep characterization. Characters like Six Shot, Cerebros & Fortress Maximus, Goldbug, The powermasters (like Optimus Prime when he teamed up with Hi-Q), Joyride, Quick Switch, The Seacons, Zarak & Scorponok, Mindwipe, Punch/Counter Puch, Double Dealer... there was so much of a dynamic to be explored with the turn coats that you didn't know who could be trusted. And there was a whole deep story to be had with the relationship between the Nebulons and Humans that teamed up with the Transformers. What were their true reasons for it? How did they get along with each other? How did that interact and make the partnership work? What were their strengths and weeknesses that they brought the partnership? Did they have conflict with each other that their freedoms were compromised with the bonding? How did they feel about sacrificing freedom for security?

Did Galvatron ever regain his sanity? Did Hot Rod ever become 2nd in command and was he still respected by his fellow Autobots?

There were so many good stories and characters to be explored that simply never made it to animation in the western world.

I would love for there to be a new G1 series IF it's done to stay true to the originals and not give us a bunch of compromises like the animation in TF: Animated and so many other re-imaginations have done. It always seems like we get one good thing in a series but then the rest of that particular show had crap elements of it that we as fans were not pleased with. In animated, we got great voice acting and story telling but the animation style itself was unappealing with it's kiddy stick leg and fat bobble head looking aesthetic. In Armada, Energon, Cybertron, it was bad writing and bad voice direction, and in alot of cases even bad animation in spite of Armada and Cybertron having fairly cool looking character designs. With TF: Prime, I think we are getting good acting and decent writing but we are back to the styling of the characters designs being the displeasing element.

So for me personally, I dream of having a G1 series in the style of the Classics/Universe/Generations/Reveal The Shield/Henkei/United toys, but not as the same old story that's been told over and over again. I think it should be a sequal series to Generation 1 much like Beast Wars tied itself into, only much more closer to the original Generation. It should feature the same characters and give the characters that were never able to be developed, the primary spotlight. That way they do get developed and Hasbro gets to make money off of having them in their copy right. It makes no sense to have these awesome interesting characters just wasting away in the background.

I think picking up from the events of Rebirth would be the PERFECT way to go! Develop those characters and let Transformers progress inside of the original generation!

However that is ONLY if it's done properly much like the new Thundercat series appears to be. With good animation and a tribute to the real actors and characters who created the brand in the first place. If it turns out to be anything like the new Voltron looks I will be upset and feel my hopes robbed from me again. It will feel like another opportunity has been ripped away and that we may never get to see a good new true to form version of the Generation 1 universe.

What do you guys think?

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    no, bring back Animated! LOL

16. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually had the idea of having a mini series to finish off the entire of G1. I came up with a story idea, but I think you would find it crazy and involves a dead character being re birthed and becoming the main villain. I also created an entirely new Auto bot for my idea. To be honest, I love the G1 Series, I don't like how the series ended.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No, absolutely no. When TFP eventually ends, and it sadly will, I hope come up with something fresh and new for the TF franchise. Honestly the only TF show I would like to see remade, would be RID. I don't see it ever happening, as RID homages are rare as it is.

Besides, Hasbro throws enough G1 homages out year after year that I'm actually getting a bit tired of them, and if it weren't for TFP, I would take a bit of a break from Transformers for a while.

18. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Exactly the same here. That's why I want a continuation of it, not another reboot. I think there is so much potential to be had too because they don't have to keep rehashing the same old characters and stories that everyone in this thread is complaining about. They can pick it up from events that were left off and develop it with their own new ideas to ultimately give the entire Generation universe the closure and finale it deserves. To be honest, I think that's a lot of the reason many of us who want to see more G1 feel that way. We never got any closure from the orignal. It ended as a cliffhanger like there would be more episodes in that season to build off the season 4 premiere, only they never came.

I think there is plenty of potential for new ideas and stories within that universe.

19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Even as a G1 kid myself I agree with this, if not a whole new gig even a spin off with smaller exploratory group of new Autobots and a totally new enemy of some sort, won't go crazy with details for a theoretical, but yeah.

20. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something CGI, but not aimed towards kids specifically.