If Palisades didn't lose the license....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LamboTwinLove, Jul 23, 2012.

1. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

So, I am utterly dead at work. I mean it I've been here since 8:30 and I haven't done a damn thing. I've been trying to keep myself awake for awhile and stumbled onto something I never thought to look into.

The Palisades Statues are awesome. But I bought my Skywarp and Thundercracker on ebay and never thought more about the statues or the company. Today I was looking at them and thinking how awesome it would have been if they had done a Sideswipe.

Well....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparently, if they hadn't lost the license I would have eventually seen a Sideswipe considering Red Alert and him are like clones almost... Needless to say this has blown my day.

Anyone else have a bot or con you wished Palisades had made?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The dude in charge of the Transformers license at Palisades (his name escapes me at the moment) always said he was really pushing for Prowl to be next. It would've been cool to see him and Jazz.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Bruticus :D 

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I really don't understand statues and busts. They don't do anything. I'd be happier with an Action Master. At least they're somewhat articulated.

5. LamboTwinLove

With the level of detail they did with the TF figures a Prowl and Jazz would have been amazing. And thank you for moving my thread (assuming it was you) I wasn't sure if this should go in the toys discussion since statues aren't really toys.

That would have been one big statue... and probably amazing!

6. LamboTwinLove

Well for me it's having a really awesome detail statue. I'm not all about the toy function of TF's especially when it comes to the lambo twins.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Was it that Palisades lost the license or didn't want to renew? Reason I ask is that I was under the impression that their TF statues weren't selling well.

For my collection I shy away from TF statues, as good as they look, they're not my cup of tea.

8. LamboTwinLove

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    meh, not a fan of statues, might grab wheeljack and soundwave on an impulse buy

10. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LOVE statues and busts..they display great..and I get behind all of them from Hard Hero, Palisades, Hot Toys, and especially that latest batch with Diamond Select..I just hate that EVERY time they always cancel, never complete..I mean the fact that we had a Powermaster Optimus Prime cancelled UGH!! And yet they did an Elita-1 or whatever her name was..I'll support any TF statue..I just wish they'd stick around..

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was the line cancelled before they went Bankrupt? I loved a lot of stuff Palisades did back in the day.

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Red Alert was always my fave Lambo as a kid and that stature is beyond awesome, a red head would be even better tho.. Prowl would have been amazing in that kinda detail.

My fave character was done so if I was in the market for them I couldn't complain really :D 

13. LamboTwinLove

I agree with you 100%. I love busts and statues and I love to display them. I only have a few right now though. But yes, I wish they would stick around to do a whole line or something and not tease us with only a few.

Palisades Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure, it doesn't say and I haven't found anything else on the subject. They really did make some of the BEST TF statues hands down.

Dude... I about had a heart attack when I saw that Red Alert. It's amazing and I really wish they had been able to get a few more out. Especially Sideswipe, Prowl and Sunstreaker.