If Optimus Prime Accepted The Truce

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShOcKwAvE1213, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

What would've Prime said or done if he accepted Megatrons truce? What would Megatron do or say? This is not a ahh why didn't megatron live or prime should've took the truce wah wah. Just your guys thoughts on what each of them would've said or done.

2. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

In the novel, Optimus accepts Megatron's truce, as Megatron says that he's tired of fighting. He tells Optimus that he and the Decepticons will return to Cybertron to rebuild, and when they're complete, he'll send for Prime.

It was a really great ending, and a different way to take the franchise. It should have been in the film, because it would have opened the door for a new enemy for them both to be brought in.

3. ShOcKwAvE1213

That would've been great. But I mean all the other cons are dead. Stupid ass Michael bay

4. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Megatron was basically saying "accept the truce or I'll blow your brains out" if optimus accepted then megatron would have probably killed him anyway since primes teammates were looking for megatron

5. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

^Got to agree with that. If it happened in the movie, there would've been a good plot for TF4 if done right.

6. shumbagunga

shumbagunga Minecrafter

you know what they say: violence will lead to more violence!

7. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Yeah, I mean they could have shown both Optimus and Megatron as being weary of the war, with Megatron realizing what he's done. This would have opened the door for the writers to show the Decepticons reaction in general, maybe how some of them didn't agree with the truce, and rebelled against Megatron or even assassinated him.

8. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Man, I wish that could happen for TF4. The one who assassinates him could be Gavaltron or Cyclonus.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't envision any realistic way of Optimus accepting the truce. Megatron is the deffinition of untrustworthy, and has commited so many atrocities. He killed Sam AND Optimus. (Even though they got better)

10. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

And instead of the plot being Optimus against Galvatron, it would be Optimus and Megatron against Galvatron. There would've been so many more ideas if the ending in the novel happened in the movie. Would've been a nice little plot twist too.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

In order for the truce to have worked in this movie series, we would have had to see a little depth to the character of Megatron, and we didn't. He was pretty much a monster through out.

That said, that's been the standard for Megatron throughout most of the TF franchise history.

The concept itself would have opened up creative possibilities - but the writing of the character in the Bayverse was never strong enough to making a truce believable. Optimus would have looked beyond idiotic.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Had Prime accepted the truce, he'd have had his brains blown out of his head after Sentinel was dead. The movie portrayed Megs differently than the novel did all around, so don't point to that to say otherwise.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Optimus would kindly point out that Megatron would only be in charge of a handful of Autobots. Cybertron was destroyed, the Decepticons wiped out, the Transformers race effectively extinct; the long war Megatron had waged cost him everything he ever wanted.

Not sure what Megatron would've done next. He doesn't seem the type to commit suicide. Perhaps he'd destroy all that's left of the Autobots and humanity in out of sheer rage of knowing Optimus is right, depriving himself of even more subjects to rule over.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The best case scenario would probably have been like at the end of the Marvel G1 comic, where the Decepticons leave earth and Cybertron "forever" and go do their thing elsewhere. As in the comic, however, I doubt that would be the end of things.

15. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Yes, let megatron return to cybertron, send for the autobots when cybertron is rebuilt, only to have the ship set up to head towards the sun, killing them all, while megatron basks in the glory of killing the autobots and turning cybertron into a hell whole with and evil smirk on his face...then have send an army of cons and take over the defenseless earth.

16. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Sure. Let's let the most vicious war-mongerer this side of Tyran get away and get another chance to kill innocents and conquer worlds. The novel and comics have Megatron more depth, and I could believe Megatron there. In film, he's still an intelligent murderer. Kill him once and for all, as much as I love this Megatron.

Initially I was saddened that Prime seemed to act out of character and kill Megatron over taking a truce, but I think on opening night my brain was already fried from so much DOTM awesomeness, I took it as a bad thing. But Megatron's death was by far the most epic scene of the two in the trilogy.

This Prime gets shit done.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would have been nice if the film had gone that way. You get a way to wrap up the films if that really was it, but if they decided to keep milking the franchise as is you have openings for a 4th film.

18. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

THIS :bay 
    exept for the unhighlited thing.

19. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    You say all the cons are dead? Well um there are still the cons out in space, there could be some groups, teams, colonies even. All I am saying is that the ending of DOTM wasnt the ending after all.

20. ShOcKwAvE1213

Well the cons that don't die with a couple of shots. Well come to think pretty much all cons die like that