If only this jet had been general knowledge

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KingLiquid, Mar 11, 2009.

1. KingLiquid

KingLiquid New Member

It would be a way better alt form for Starscream or even Thundercracker etc if Starscream wanted to remain hidden from American forces.

Its the Russian SU-30MK

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I doubt they'd be able to hide well amongst American forces as Russian planes.

3. KingLiquid

KingLiquid New Member

With ROTF

being more international, it would stand to reason that there would be Cons as other military vehicles, including Russian ones.

4. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Actually. Sukhoi Flankers are very well known. But F-15s (then the F-22s) are just that much more awesome. Of course they're both good enough to be still in production.

Maybe if Transformers was Soviet, then it might have been the Sukhoi. At least the Galaxy Force Thundercracker was a Flanker.
    [​IMG]

Oh. Not during the Cold War. If a Flanker was in US airspace during G1 times, it would've been shot down. Time for you to grab a history book. US-Russia relationship's still icey as it is. It would be impossible to ask the Russian military to let Americans film a fighter jet. Especially now that Sukhoi's government-operated.

Also it wouldn't make sense for a Russian military jet to be in Los Angeles (AKA Mission City) airsplace at the time of the movie. Especially when there's a military crisis. It would be seen with extreme suspicion. So. In any crisis, a Russian jet would look suspicious. Even if it's outside the US. A military coalition, especially involving fighter jets will probably involve the Western Europeans and other US-friendly allies, which in turn means they'd have either American jets or one of them fancy Eurofighters and Rafales, Grippens and whatnot, but not Sukhois.

5. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Then again, it would fit perfectly with the Decepticons to use a Russian disguise to stir up paranoia in the US, and vice versa (using US disguises over Russia and China). It wouldn't have mattered at Mission City, once the battle started, but early on, it would have been (and might yet still be in ROTF) a useful misdirection tactic.

6. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Ran-dom

:drunk 

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Someone's overdosing on IDW's G1 universe, methinks.

8. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i love it when people see a subject that they know a little something about and then they get all excited and feel they need to show off thier knowledge of said subject but i dont think they would ever make starscream any sort of non american plane

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I know next to nothing about jets. What I do know is that the video linked to was kinda dull. Yay... red smoke ftw?

I saw a tv show about the F-22 awhile back. They said it was cool. I believed them.

Did they dump the verticle take-off feature? I could have sworn that was one of the possible configurations for them. The navy wanted it or something.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    F-22 is a beast, end of story.

11. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

The F-22 was never designed to be VTOL capable, it was designed specifically as a replacement for the Air Forces aging F-15s, the plane your thinking of is the F-35/2 which was designed for the marines, it is VTOL capable.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup yup.

Also, Starscream never wanted to hide from American forces, he wanted to hide in the American air force..\

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Split Lip wins.