If only Soccer were truly this cool...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Jun 19, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 15, that makes you old :p 
    Terry Who?
    You old people

Nah, just kidding I know who Terry Wogan is

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If I offended futbol fans by my common use of the sport of soccer as it's called in the U.S., I sincerely apologize.

But if I'd said in the tread title "If only Football were this cool..." I'd have had 12 times as many pages of angry comments from US football fans.

I chose the lesser of two evils.

And I did play the sport as a forward from grade school up through middle school. I was the smallest kid on the team--fast as hell, but I got the crap beat out of me whenever I came up on fullback who was 10 times my size. I only scored twice during my "career." I was called offsides about thirty times.

And I lost a whole shoe size thanks to playing soccer. I missed the ball during practice and sunk the front of my foot full force into the ground. The impact wrinkled my big toe bone.

Title nitpicking aside, you gotta admit those are some pretty awesome TV ads. I'd like to see kitbashes of some characters that appear in those.

3. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah it is cool, I play football at lunches at school, we also play RUGBY and American Football (which isn't for the sport, just a chance to beat up each other :p )

4. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    such an iron man rip off