If only Energon looked like this...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CryoPrime, Apr 25, 2009.

1. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I was just wondering since I recently finished getting through all of Energon (just got it on DVD around christmas) and whenever they decided they had money in the budget, someone was showing extreme emotion, or someone was killed off the show looked amazing. So here's some screenshots of what could have been if they weren't lazy. Energon has to still be one of my favorite's anyways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Andy_Turnbull

Andy_Turnbull Active Member

Ebay:
    Thought it was a bit tedious myself, but I agree those screenshots are pretty good and it's a shame the rest of it wasn't up to the same standard.

Andy

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    So, we would have good, fluid animation with bad, stale plot. Doesn't make any sense to me.

4. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Why so much hate for Energon? haha the plot kinda' didn't make sense at some points, but I didn't think it was stale.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  6. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I have, but that page is so biased it's not even funny. There was a lot more opinion on that page then any other I've read.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may be delivered with language that indicates deliberate disdain (not going to make any bones about that!) but it's all totally factual. That IS how the show was strucutred, that is what happened to the characters' personalities, all of that nonsense DID happen for the purpose of selling toys, that is how the animation looked and moved, and that is how the dub turned out.

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Energon's story was it's main downfall. I could look past the poor animation models if the story was worth getting into. Once you realized that every episode took the story nowhere, then you just get bored with it.

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

reminds me of the annimation at the end of Armada, looks sweet.

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad I'm not the only who likes the Energon Animation

11. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

hahaha oh wow.
    thanks for the read.
    FLYING CARS IN SPACE! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!

In regards to cryoprime's post, those cels look AMAZING. has a very GaoGaiGar feel to it(kinda ironic in a way)
    if the show were totally like that, I would watch it in a heartbeat. but then there's the problem of the concpet, the story, and the acting =/
    cool pics though.

12. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah....the plague of line-wide gimmicks and atrocious story telling centered around them really crippled the Unicron trilogy.

13. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Yeah, the normal stuff and the fancy traditional stuff too. That's why I don't like Cybertron as much because all of the Transformers look totally pasted onto everything. They look a little closer with the cell-shaded line style.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I just watched a few of the old episodes of each of the A/E/C shows on Hasbro.com. I think the problem was that they just felt like really long toy commercials advertising all the gimmicks. I know that's what they are, but G1 and Beast Wars were too, and yet they still felt like actual shows. All A/E/C were, were just random fights around a weak story. The plot itself would have been okay if it were developed better.

As far as the style, well, after the crappy CGI use in BW, I could accept pretty much anything...(except TFA)

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    because kicker is a punk little bitch that everyone wants to stomp like a little roach....

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I felt that Energon's main downfall was it's inconsistency in character development. For example, Inferno, nothing much known about him, very clear cut autobot then we got the megatron energon in him which was slowly turning him evil and he is very obviously struggling with that, he dies, regains his autobot identity, gets rebuilt and does aboslutely nothing for the rest of the series. More emotional than that was Demolisher trying to work out where he belonged before getting slagged and not even mentioned in the dub in later episodes this happened (in japan i heard they did mention it)

The same happened with Wing saber's character alle xpect he didn't just disappear, he stuck around for Optimus to combine with.

I think the story's premise was a good one and could have turned out really well but,

A) when not animated in that cool cell manner, the cell shaded computer generated stuff did not interact well with everything else on screen (especially when they are running and not touching the floor) and showed absolutely no expression on the Robot's faces other than mouth open or mouth closed.

B) Actually i think i covered the other points i would make earlier on in my reply other than the fact that the English Dub sucked other than for Snowcat and Demolisher, love those guys

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes story this and that, that's most important, but even so, I am in full agreement - if the whole show had that level of expressive, fluid cel animation, it would've been easier to swallow.

18. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I kinda' liked Kicker more than other human characters, he actually did some fighting, and used the star-saber too. haha

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, some of the cel-shaded CG can do that.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I think those pics look great but Energon wasn't a great series because of the story more than anything else. It is ironic that some shows look great or could look great and don't have a great storyline like Energon and other shows have a great storyline but look awful like Animated. I wish more shows could strike a true balance between the two but the ones that do are the great ones. :)  Anyway cool pics.

20. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Animated looks awesome, I don't know what you're talking about. haha and yeah, they are cool pics whether you like Energon or not. :D