If One TFP Insecticon Can Give Megatron A Hard Time

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Apr 21, 2012.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Warning, this could be a spoiler for the epsiode "Armada"

Apparently TFP Insecticons are similar to Decepticon drones, the Vechicons. But they are more savage beasts than robots. And one proved to have enough strength to nearly defeat Megatron.

But later, we see a group of them getting taken down by the Autobots almost easily. And they didn't fare too well against Nemesis.

Is that an inconsistency in an Insecticon's power? Then again, the one Megatron faced did have an advantage that Megatron was disarmed by Airachnid. And the first Insecticon seemed structurally weak as Scraplets tore it apart while Autobots survived a bigger swarm. But it could be due to lack of maintenance for being in stasis so long.

So was the Insecticon that fought Megatron simply too powerful for its kind? Or????

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's just the writers cheating using the conservation of ninjutsu. One of them is a pain in the ass, but when there's a swarm, they suddenly go down in one hit.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They were downgraded because we just can't have hard to kill enemies on this show. That'd be too hard to write out of!

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Seriously, this was probably my biggest problem with tonight's episode. It was just ridiculous. One gets taken out by a kick from Bumblebee, and one hits a tree and shatters? Come on, fucking MEGATRON had a hard time with one of these guys!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I can accept the fact they just got out of stasis while the one crossfire has probably been out for a while. Hell idk just go with it Lol.

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I hate people quoting TVTropes. I really, really do.

In any case, YoungPrime already made a thread about this, but it seems much less senseless to have the conversation here.

7. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

8. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    That tree had an Autobot badge if you look closely.

Insecticon-killing Tree confirmed for Prime Metroplex

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Autobots should just replace all their melee weapons with trees. If one could knock out Optimus Prime, imagine how effective that'd be.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Must resist sigging. I JUST changed mine.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Give in to the dark side

Let the hate floooow through you

12. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Dang it, I wanted to reference the conservation of ninjitsu theory but you beat me to it. So that I feel like I accomplished something, it states that the power of a group is reversely proportionate to the amount of people on that team. Hence why you can only have one Rambo but a million redshirts.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Back on topic, I also was annoyed that the Insecticons are suddenly cannon fodder...though I guess I would expect it. The stasis excuse won't fly here - that Insecticon on Cybertron? Stasis for millions of years since they left the planet. The Insecticon that gave Megatron a hard time? Came from the same damn eggs as these Insecticons.

So it's just lazy writing and to make Optimus, Bumblebee and Arcee look cool.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Wow yea talk about a massive down grade.

Arcee's blasters and blades weren't doing scrap to the Insecticon on Cybertron. One of the Insecticons go toe to toe with Megatron who is either the best fighter or second best fighter on the show. But now you bump into a tree and you are a dead bug.

15. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Quite disappointing to see the Insectitcons go down so easily, the conservation of ninjitsu is strong in this one. Then again...
    The only explanation I can give is that in a direct fight Arcee wouldn't be able to handle an Insecticon. In today's episode however, she "used" her environment to her advantage; that and momentum (wait science on Transformers, what?) along with crashing into another Insecticon can be a bitch. Weak explanation, but it makes some sense. Only some.
    As for the Insecticon that Megatron fought, it had most likely "recharged" on some energon following its awakening from stasis and Megatron didn't have use of his cannon. So today's Insecticons possibly were underpowered and weakened from being in stasis for so long, thus making them easy targets for the Autobots. Again weak explanation, but it's a better alternative to bitching about TF Prime's writing. Again.

16. Bladewind

Bladewind Well-Known Member

#1 Megatron in Crossfire was ambushed and lost access to his arm cannon.
    #2 We don't know how Airachnid controls the Insecticons, the one in Crossfire might only have gotten so lucky because she was relaying offensive strategies to it that she couldn't do to an entire swarm.
    #3 We can safely assume she didn't have enough Energon to feed her entire army. Team Prime has to worry about Energon shortages and there's only five of them, Starscream has been shown to not have all the Energon he needs... these things are probably starving.

I didn't mind them being taken out so easily, just thought how it happened was sort of lame.

EDIT: although, I like how Megatron now has the Insecticons - I'm glad they didn't take the cheap way out and have the Autobots use the Spark Extractor.

17. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

Crying phuking shame how fast the Insecticon brutal strength and evilness got thwarted into a nothingness. This season started out great and these past 2 episodes really failed.

18. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

I think you answered your own question OP.

Megatron's gun was disabled, and it would appear the Insecticon is strong at hand to hand combat, but perhaps extremely weak to gun fire.

In Armada, the Insections were still in stasis until Airachnid called for them. I'd think of it like bees waking up from winter. They're dopey as hell.

Plus, as I pointed out before in a different thread, the one Megatron fought was already out of stasis. How? Why? And for how long? Perhaps it was stronger. Maybe a guardian of the others? Can't be sure.

19. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Bugs did just wake up, probably were low on energon.
    They were all in bug mode.

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

Both insecticons who appeared before this episode took a blast from somebody's blaster fire. The one in one shall rise took several hits from arcee, didnt even scratch him but it's arcee so it's fine. But the one in Crossfire took a hit from megatron's fusion cannon, the same cannon that took out a insecticon with only one blast.