If Micheal bay quits after TF3,what will happen next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I honestly think Hasbro is going to try extremly hard to keep micheal bay on board for TF4. even at the extent of over paying the guy.

perhaps it's not a money issue for micheal bay. doing those TF live action movies takes too long. micheal bay seems to want to not just be known as the director of TF movies. micheal bay wants to expand his resume himself by doing other movies. Deep down inside micheal bay has hinted that if he keeps doing more TF movies. then they'll eventually bomb & ruin his credabilty as a decent director. micheal bay seems like the guy who gets off a sick horse before it dies.

If Micheal bay quits after TF3,what will happen next?

I'm seriously thinking after TF3. The next TF live action movie will be a total re-boot. different human characters characters,different settings,diffferent stories. some of the robots will have the same name but not the micheal bay TF movie personas. If it's a total reboot,I highly doubt TF4 will happen in 2013. most likely TF4 will happen around 2014 or my solid guess 2015.

Many are assuming,Hasbro will simply hire a new director. then hasbro will continue with the established story. use the same human cast & same robot cast.

PROBLEMS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

(1) Usually movies that keep switching out directors. never do well & are just horrible. Hasbro seems to study various researched reports. examples: star trek movies,terminator movies,superman movies,etc....

(2) Didn't hasbro enter into some binding contract with micheal bay. giving micheal bay some controlling interest on the characters,stories & designs he helped make successful on the First 3 live action TF movies.

(3) I may be wrong on this one. but didn't micheal bay help create that CGI company,special effects & sound stuidios that uses all the CGI images/robots in the 3 live action TF movies?

(4)Without micheal bay & his camera crew,TF4 won't look like it belongs in the same movie verse. Micheal bay has stated on occassion he uses the most exspensive & advanced new age cameras,lighting & talented crew.

(5)isn't hasbro finding it hard to have TF1 & TF2 live action movie toys as botcon convention or club exclusives. so someone out there apparently has controlling interest in thec live action TF movie toys,perhaps CGI Movie designs,perhaps established live action human cast & so forth. is it micheal bay? is it dreamworks? is it steven spielberg? is it the CGI company? nobody knows for sure because all of this info is classified.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind the Harry Potter treatment, but with less films. Two more robot films would do for me, BUT for goodness sakes give BAY a break!

3. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    I can see him taking a break for sure this time and maybe come back to making a couple more movies at least.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

To quote Palpatine:

"And we shall have peace..."

5. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    They'll probably wait a couple years, then do a re-boot or something...

At this point, it's really hard to say. I doubt Hasbro will want to finish this huge money-maker for the company, so whether they continue with the films right after TF3, or wait for a reboot...
    Plus there's the problem that a lot of the actors (mainly Shia LaBeouf) want to do other things. The only reason they were able to do Pirates 4 was because they finally paid Johnny Depp enough to come back.

6. vfnfvne

vfnfvne Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this. I personally hate reboots/remakes. So few are done well. If we could get a director who can tell a good story and cares about consistency, we'd be good.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well the first thing is me celebrating for a long time. Yea I know it's mean of me but Micheal Bay just rubbed me the wrong way from the start I have just haven't been enjoying these films like I have other films adapted from cartoons or comic books.

Micheal Bay wants to leave, Shia LaBeouf wants to leave, the other actors would need a new contract for more films which means paying them more money. It all just looks like a whole lot of money on the chance that the general public will not be burned out on the films as is by a fourth film. It's just really hard to get past three films even for franchises that start out hot unless you are based on a series of books like Potter.

I could see the live action franchise sitting for a while to let public demand for a new one build back up. At some point Paramount and Hasbro will decide hey it's been long enough lets go do a new one.

Really the only important factor is that effects houses like ILM and Weta keep getting better every years so whenever Hollywood decides to relaunch a series of Transformers live action films the robots will love even better no matter what the new style might be.

Plus what's wrong with reboots. The Batman reboot was way better than any sequels to Batman and Robin ever could have been. With all the cartoon reboots you'd think Transformers fans would used to reboots all the time. Yea I enjoyed G1 but without reboots I never would have gotten Beast Wars, Animated, or whatever Prime turns out to be.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Directing more tf movies will undermine his credibility as a director?

Boy, does he have it all wrong and upside down. Filming tf movies as he's prone to doing so far, just shows that he has no credibility as a film director. He was always a good director of commercials and music videos and that's about it. All of his movies leave an impression of one giant video or a jumble of many, forced into a coherent whole (coherent to a certain degree).

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    but the problem is if a new director comes in does he keepthe look of the bayformers or does he change there appearence... that is the quetsions a new director brings a new feal and look....which i think is always good as long as the franchise dosent get turned into the next batman franchise of the 90s then ill be happy

10. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Didn't Michael Bay state in an interview that TF3 WILL be the last Transformers movie?

If they do decide to re-boot transformers, I personally think that would be the worst decision ever made by Hollywood, movie wise. The first Transformers movie is a classic, the second one is....ok, TF3 MIGHT be another classic. Don't make this a Spider-man thing (I think re-booting Spider-man is just plain idiotic and stupid).

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I completely agree.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    the general audience liks the movies..just because some fans dont..dont make up for a reboot.

13. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I can't see Mr Bay returning. Very few directors enjoy constantly dealing with the same material, even those who have heart and soul invested in what they shoot like The Berg with Indy or Lucas with Star Wars (cue complaints that Lucas has no heart etc). There has been very little to indicate that Mikey has much of a passion for the franchise beyond it being an excuse for him to experiment further with SFX. I suspect he has other things he wants to blow up in his lifetime.

I do think you are likely to see another film at some stage. Its too much of a money spinner and much like Potter is not reliant on an auteur director to make it work.

14. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

reboot

15. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Likely take a five year break and then a reboot in 2016/2017.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I think this is likely. They stated that TF Prime, they wanted to do about 4 seasons. This would take us to about 2014, and in 2015, they'll probably drop the reboot flick. I believe TF3 is going to be better than ROTF, so I don't see the public having that sour taste like they did with the Batman films. Hope Zack Snyder or Chris Nolan can do it. At first I didn't want Chris Nolan, but after Inception... yeah I'm wanting him to do it.

Also, remember that Hasbro is going to be more active in their franchise now, like Marvel. I'd love to see some straight up TF movies, with imposing and cunning Decepticons, and heroic and brave Autobots. I doubt they're going to rest everything on the cartoon series, so I wouldn't be surprized if they're hunting for a director NOW and perusing scripts for a Robots In Disguise reboot. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like a live action Beast Wars, which is doomed to fail.

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

If shia le bouf want to leave after TF3,Then by all means let the guy leave.

this would actually be a positive thing & not negative.

Shia le bouf can't act properly & doesn't know how to show various emotions properly in his so called acting career.

If shia quits without being fired. then that will be the worst career move he's ever done. because thus far nothing shia has done in his previous acting career. has toped the job he got hired to do on transformers.

Shia le bouf is only there because micheal bay likes him for some reason. he's certainly not there doing transformers because he's got talent.

Shia le bouf reminds me of that anaking skywalker actor in the first 3 starwars movies.
    in the sense that after the triolgy is over,so will shia's career be over.

Yeah,megan fox can't act properly in those live action TF movies either like shia. but at the very least megan was beautiful & it was just great watching her do her scenes.

The only real reason why shia le bouf got various movie acting jobs. is because steven spielberg was trying to beef up shia's acting folder to make him seem more impressive for both live action TF movies.

It's a safe bet to predict. any re-boot. won't see returning human cast for the first 3 live action TF movies.

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Exactly.

just look how awesome that recent superman movie was. the newer batman movies were certainly great movies.

look how great that newer star trek movie was.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well so far Bay's completed two Transformers movie and neither on of them aren't that good to begin with. A new director might be what Bayformers needs. Granted the third one might be a good movie; accidents do happen, but judging by his track record, I'm not holding my breath.

So if Bay isn't on board then we might have less shaky cam, and less super motion blur? This could be a good thing. I'm tired of watching these movies, and guessing what I'm looking at. Sometimes I can't even see the robots faces because of all the motion blur. At times I think Bayformers was made for people with 20/20 vision only.

20. vfnfvne

vfnfvne Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but who said they had to have Bay, Shia and the others? Who said the next movie(s) had to be of what happened AFTER TF3? Why can't it be...say a Prequel of events/things that ends with them at Earth? Prequel of the war on Cybertron...Story of Ghost fo Yesterday...or maybe a whole new story.

Reboots of Sat. morning cartoons are very different from movies, in my eyes. And, yes, I enjoy my cartoon reboots, I just don't like rebooted/remake movies. To each their own.

I agree with this. And I REALLY agree with Chaos Prime.