If Megs is a cybertronian tank, then what..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by encline, Oct 26, 2008.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Megs is a Cybertronian tank, then what Does he scan to become that? I am not the worlds leader in TF knowledge, but if I recall, don't they have to scan something to re-configure? Just wondering. Because as cool as the tank mode looks, I have a hard time believing THAT IS Megatron reborn.

2. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Well if you remember from the 1st film did Megatron actually scan anything to get his Cybertronian Mode? I don't think so. It is most likely that Megatron was just reborn in that image of a alternate Cybertronian Mode Tank, as from the images already released...you can see it is no ordinary earth tank :p 

3. encline

News Credits:
    True. But he WAS the jet mode before he left. But then again, this will probably open up a discussion about how did all TFs get there cybertronian modes. :) 

I am just saying, if Megs is a Jet when he goes to the bottom of the ocean, how does he become a tank from another planet?

Maybe it was a stored mode that is in his database that he can uplaod and change back into huh?

4. DazzalingFury

Maybe maybe....Yeh stored database of alternate cybertronian modes ...Its like "IF IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE TERMINATED AND REVIVED....PLEASE PRESS THIS BUTTON HERE TO SELECT NEW MODE" :p 

5. encline

News Credits:
    hahah!!! I like it!!

6. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's one theory to consider. What if Megs returns to Cybertron sometime during the movie after he's revived? You've raised a very good question Encline. I would reccomend that you post this in the ask Roberto thread too. I would be gratified if Mr. Orci was able to address this.

7. DazzalingFury

Hmm perhaps. I never gave it that much thought. Yes, perhaps he did visit Cybertron to get repaired...or something

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's sort of what I'm thinking that maybe they can store that information and then recall it later. I mean what if they landed on a planet that didn't have any machines? Would they be stuck with the alt mode they had when the landed or could they search some back files for an alt mode?

Sort of on topic do you think it's something they will address in the film or do you think it's one of those things fans will have to fill in themselves?

9. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Well I wrote a 2 paragraph long fanfic describing how Quintessons enslaved the early Cybertronians (they did not create them) and eventually the Cybertronians learnt how to manipulate their bodies to transform and take the forms of the Quintessonian vehicles.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Maybe he was a triple changer all along.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cybertronian forms are improvisations; the robots are rearranging themselves into an idea, not a particular design, like when they reshape their limbs into weapons for their Earthen forms. Likewise, their Earthen robot forms are improvised bodies from the vehicles they have upgraded into. Just my two cents.

12. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

I may be mistaken. But in the prequel novel when Bumblebee and Starscream were fighting on an asteroid, BB was able to reformat himself into a more appropriate vehicle mode for moving across the asteroid's surface.

Perhaps in the movie-verse the TFs can do this? They only scan the earth-modes in order to fit in better with our planets aesthetics?

13. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:

which would make him a .............................drum roll

triple changer

14. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think I read somewhere that the image of the cybertronian tank and the Robot mode for Megatron and said tank, are concepts from the last movie. I hope this is true because as much as I like the tank, I HATE Megatron with his gimp arm. I think Orci also stated that Megs would not be in the majority of the movie.

15. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, that was a rumour posted on this very forum. As far as Bob's concerned, only a character with the name Soundwave has been confirmed.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    That would make for either a really awesome, or a really crappy toy.

17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Maybe because of the allspark thrust into his chest, he has all this access power to transform anyway he wants. Or he might rise to the surface, scan a similar looking Earth tank, and format himsewlf into a Cybo-Tank.

18. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Maybe he designed it himself.

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if the treatment that was leaked ages ago is anything to go by Megs will be recovered from the bottom of the sea, it is quite possible that the new alt mode is one given to him by his rescuer (they must have a database of alt modes and virtual blueprints, by scanning them they should beable to replicate them)

20. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

you dont have to scan something to be able to transform into it....when a transformer scans a car for instance they are only scanning the dimensions and shape so they will be an accurate copy, if they wanted they could look at it and turn themselves into it the best way they can by memory..i mean what do you think actually allows them to transform? some onboard scanning device or thier mind?