If Megatron becomes Galvatron....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 3, 2011.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

If Megatron was to ever become Galvatron how do you think it would change the tone of the film and will it make you more invested in his character ? Also will he still have Hugo Weaving as the voice? Side note will you all be pissed if someone of something else reformats him and not Unicron .

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would want someone different for the voice and I would want his character to change. Make him the psycho from G1 S3. :lol 

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Nothing will change, Prime will eventually take his face too.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Megatron becomes Rodimus.

Fandom explodes:bay 

5. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

With one leg.

6. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream and Megatron all dead, it makes perfect sense for Galvatron to appear in #4.

He's probably still have Hugo Weaving as his VA.

And Unicron should not be in the movie verse as a visible threat. If he is, he'll be relegated to some V'Ger like giant amorphous cloud of crap (probably nanite transformers) like Galactus in Fantastic Four 2 or Parallax in Green Lantern.

I'd say let Megatron's Spark, separated from his body, emerge in some kind of dead-universe like place and have it encounter the creators of the AllSpark, who reformat Megatron into Galvatron as their emissary for their ambitions (which frankly, will be hard to top over what was planned scale wise in RotF). Maybe eradication of the biological or something.

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I think if Galvatron was introduced, he should be his own character. Megatron would have come back twice if he became Galvy and that would get stale

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I say make Galvatron a separate entity that finds Megs remains and downloads his knowledgebase but in the process ends up getting a small part of his psyche unknowingly.

dangerous and could flip at any minute, I would like. Plus also Shockwave and Starscream, their sparks could be shown to be intact in stasis, like Sentinal was, but they just needing new bodies.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'd rather Megatron NOT be turned into Galvatron, honestly. He's gone through three bodies by this point, just upgrading him into another body would simply be following the pattern of Megatron's course through the movies. He fights Prime, gets killed/seriously damaged, gets a new body, repeat process.

It's really quite boring whenver Megatron becomes Galvatron for me, really. Unless it was something completely radical like the original Megatonr-to-Galvatron conversion, all we'd get is a repaint as the only visible sign something changed. And that just doesn't work in the movieverse.

10. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

Well maybe they could keep Megatron's personality, memories, brain but just much more significant power. So the average person watching it won't be confused.

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Yeap, I was highly displeased we did not get to see the trophy area in the trailer in the movie.. highly.

12. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Galvatron can only be voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
    As for Unicron,I think he'd do better as a figure of myth that some Transformers worship. But not a actuall character in a movie.

13. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

I hope this happens...

After knowing dropping off meg's remains into the deepest point on earth wont do, humans (after consulting the autobots) decided to send him off to outer space in one piece (noble Autobots believes every single dead Transformers must be dealt with with honor). This is when Unicron stumbled across and reformat/resurrect him. The rest is history.

14. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron's spark gets reformatted into what's left of Shockwave's body. Purple.:rock 

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If Megatron returns as Galvatron, It be nice to see Soundwave and the other return too.
    It's still hard for me to me to think of a good plot that doesn't involve protecting the humans, again, and again.
    True, but it would please the fans.

If Galvatron is introduced I want to see constructicon character again, I miss them.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I don't think Galvatron would work and I can't see the studios ever getting behind it. Mainly because, factoring in the GENERAL audience as they have to do, they would get completely slayed for introducing another "atron" main villain after already having Megatron in 3 movies, 2 of which he already died in and 2 of which he was resurrected in. If they pull out a 4th movie and just add "Galv" to the beginning of his name, people (again, the mass general non-TF-geek-aware-of-G1 audience) will roll their eyes and critics will kill the movie before it's even released. It would look too desperate, regardless of how much sense it makes in the fandom... who we are constantly reminded apparently makes up ziltch percent of the overall money Hasbro & the movie studios pull in.

Just looking at it practically.

17. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

fuck the general audience. thats like saying "we're going to have Gollum live because kids seem to like him" or something. People will get over it. And theyll like it :) 

18. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    How I want to see this...and like an armchair for him to sit on whilst polishing his blades/guns in front of a blazing fire place with the head trophies on plaques above the fire place...

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I love Weaving's voice work. I'd want to see him again.

20. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Optimus has one of these. He has plaques of Bonecrusher, Grindor, The Fallen, Shockwave, Megatron and Sentinel.