If Legends end up becoming Deluxes...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    do you think we will get Deluxe Brawn, Beachcomber, Wheelie and Cosmos? After Hound, Warpath, Jazz, and whatnot, will they get bigger toys too? and what about Trailbreaker/Trailcutter?

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I reckon that the Generations line is gonna be slowing down after what we've already seen, but who can tell for sure?

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Man, I hope so.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    If classics continues indefinitely, it will happen sooner or later.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I certainly do hope that they come out with Deluxe Brawn and Trailbreaker/Trailcutter for Generations or Reveal the Shield.

6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I actually don't want a bigger Brawl, Wheelie, Beachcomber, or Cosmos. The Legends scale fits the Minicars figures perfectly.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Cosmos is one I'd love to see as a deluxe, or even better, voyager.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Legends are great figures, but there are definitely certain characters I'd rather have a Deluxe of. Having Bumblebee a Deluxe and Trailbreaker a Legends on the same shelf just wouldn't look right. Although I don't think Cosmos will ever get the size upgrade. We were lucky enough to get the Legends class figure of him.

9. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Movie Bumblebee has shown us the way.
    Every character in every scale.

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I don't consider the Legends neo-G1 and the deluxe neo-G1 to be the same line, since we've already gotten several legends that were previously released in deluxe (Bumblebee, Rodimus, Hound) and now a deluxe that was released in legends (Jazz).

I don't have the G1 nostalgia that most people seem to, so "these guys were minibots in G1" does little for me. I was happy to see Powerglide see an Ultra class release.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    It's not "if," it's "when"

And I will never understand what's so bad about minibots getting releases in larger size classes.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I hear you, I've no problem with getting bigger versions of these guys, just because they were small once doesn't mean they have to stay that way.

Trailbreaker / Cutter is the one I'd like to see the most. I figure he could be designed with his weapons making up the back end of his truck so the Hoist version could have new weapons that become the towing rig.

Other than that, I'd really like to see a new Gears. Let's get him a proper update and then cover the others.

13. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Personally I can see the logic of making certain characters as Scouts eventually like Seaspray, Powerglide, or Warpath (Earth Mode) but I can see a lot of logic to making anyone who is in War for Cybertron as a Deluxe such as Warpath (pre-earth mode).

There's something to be said for repainting Cybertron Hardtop as Beachcomber and Armorhide/Botcon Convention Huffer as Pipes too. as well as the obvious Windcharger redone as Tailgate scout.

I'm not over bothered about the size and would be more than happy to have a Deluxe Cosmos as Cosmos is worthy of a Deluxe slot so is Warpath.

14. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

While there making legends figs into deluxes, maybe they can also make us a trailer for Prime

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm REALLY hoping we get deluxe or scout versions of Beachcomber, Brawn, Wheelie and Cosmos and Deluxe or Voyager version of Trailbreaker. The Legends are fun for what they are but they just don't compare to the better size classes.

I'm with you. Powerglide didn't turn out exactly the way I'd have liked it to but it being an Ultra is something I was VERY happy about. A plane 'Minibot' is ******ed even by G1 standards. Same goes for Warpath and Seaspray. Cosmos is debatable.

16. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Wheelie and Beachcomber as scouts.

Deluxe Brawn would be great though.

Forgot cosmos.

I want a Big, Chunky Voyager Cosmos.

Or an Ultra who's Red Button is actually a red button for Lights and Sounds. Like a Flying Saucer hovering noise =D

17. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A trailer for a toy that's what, five years old now? Not gonna happen at any kind of affordable level.

18. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

I LOVE the minibots they are some of my absolute favorite figures that came out i got the henkei ones. And Thats how I want them done, I don't really need big versions of them, they were small as toys and small on the show. There called minibots for a reason.

I really don't like the powerglide we got and i'm not buying seaspray i want a minibot version of him.

I personally don't really need big versions of any of the minibots. The only one i might get would be cosmos, but i have the minibot one of him and i love it.

I just like having size variety on my shelfs I think it looks cool having minibot sized characters to go with normal deluxe characters and some big voyagers and and ultras and whatnot. I think it'd be boring if everything was deluxe.

I don't have them yet and havent seen any good group shots with soundwave but i wish frenzy and rumble were legends instead of scouts.

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I don't think there's any kind of formula for turning one class of figure into another. It's obvious that Hasbro is turning many a beloved character into modern, kick-ass versions of themselves. I have no worries that we will get nothing put pure awesomeness. I haven't been disappointed yet in these new lines.

20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Nope, gotta disagree...

Brawn should not be shorter than Bumblebee...Nor should the others.

Don't care to much about Wheelie though.