If Ironhide were to show, how would you like to see 'em?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    For me, I hope they go with the unused TFA idea, mix his red G1-ish self along with the pickup truck and guns of Movieverse. While not exactly that design, I like the concept and hope they can Prime-ify it.

[​IMG]

Though instead of a young'n, I hope (and imagine it'd be safe to assume) that he stays an older bot, maybe not cranky, but definitely a moderately tired soldier who can't seem to stay away from a battlefield.

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    A drill sergeant with an extremely low tolerance to Optimus' passive nature on the Decepticons.

3. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

I like that design for Prime. I'd like to see Ironhide like this. At least he'd be red.

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    kup with tfa ratchet issues thats how i would like ironhide

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Would love to see the Animated concept Prime-ified, just for that G1 Windshield concept. It would be amazing if he walked in on an argument between two Autobots, they both expected him to take their side, and he just pulled up his windshield to cover his face and walked away. :D 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'd prefer him to be more like his Movie version in design. Movie Ironhide is very much the natural progression of the Ironhide character, and he has the better design.

7. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    By appearance I would love to see the unused Animated Ironhide design realized in Transformers Prime. With that said however, I really would prefer Ironhide’s personality to be similar to the way he was portrayed in WFC.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

only if its his movie design. if it isnt, then i dont want him to show in Prime at all

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Seconded.

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking to myself about IDW Kup and how he was so badly damaged they effectively had to give him a Pretender suit resembling his old body for him to survive. I'd like Ironhide to be so crusty it's like he's using a machine, as if he were piloting a mech (I'm thinking of Quaritch in Avatar really). So that's where the G1/Animated windshield would come into play. Of course, I'd also like his movie cannons and some degree of black colour (black with red detailing, always a good combo).

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Some kind of mean pick up truck. Not a fan of the minivan anymore. He could be a drill sergeant kind of character who comes to Earth after hearing about Prime, and is utterly disgusted by how Prime runs the outfit. The episode's theme could be rigidness and rules vs. how the 'bots comfortably run and operate. In the end Ironhide will realize that sometimes training and discipline isn't the only thing, but creativity and esprit de corps can carry you through.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Just use the Animated Earth Mode design. It kicks ass.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Seeing as TF: Prime's designs seem to take various incarnations of a character and mix the designs and character, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he'd turn up red with his movie guns. Or black with a G1 chestwindow.

Also, it's a crime against humanity Ironhide never got that altmode in Animated! It's so perfect!

14. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Id like movie Ironhide personality, but only hes one of Bulkheads and Wheeljacks old Wrecker buddies.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Mechanical Rooster Cogburn. 'Nuff said.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    AWWWEEEESSSOOOOOOOME!

Never thought of that

17. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie version ironhide black or red. I like the idea of ironhide being a drill sergant.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    If he's in Prime, I want Clancy Brown voicing him by doing his Mr.Krabs voice with a Southern accent.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I'm rather interested in the idea of an Ironhide who actually comes into conflict with Prime all the time, rather then being Prime's stoic, loyal old friend...

As far as personality goes, I'd like to see something akin to what they've done with Ratchet - not as crusty and old as past incarnations (Ratchet with his Animated incarnation, Ironhide with the films, G1, WFC). Though, he already is old and crusty in WFC, which is supposed to be a part of the Prime continuity. But I'd prefer a not old, but definetly seasoned warrior for Ironhide.

As far as design, we need a big powerful pickup truck to join the ranks. Basically the movie Topkick. Then, well, I wouldn't mind either a red Ironhide, since without Cliffjumper the color palette feels awfully "red-less", even with Optimus... or a black or grey Ironhide. Either would be fine with me.

For the body, keep the movie cannons. Then have maybe a Animated-esque head, but with the stubby "horn-ears" of the movie, as well as that forehead crest most Ironhide's have. For the body, mostly WFC/Animated approach, with TF: Prime Optimus' shoulders, albeit not as spikey, more blocky.

I'd like to see how Ironhide will come in. Maybe like the leader of the Wreckers? His typical disposition would fit with him being the leader of the Prime Wreckers.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I know is that design should be Movie Ironhide Prime style with G1-ney colors.

Even movie head design, to make him look even more different to Bulkhead (since Bulkhead also got a roman-ish helmet)