If I sign up for the Transformers CC will I get the next exclusive for free?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Their site doesn't make it clear but if I re-sign up for the club now will I get the next exclusive? I canceled my subscription because at the time I thought I was gonna stop buying transformers but I really wanna sign up now instead of waiting (so I can get the latest issue and maybe fill the gap of the ones I'm missing).

Also, if anyone has the last exclusive for sale let me know.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You pay for the subscription (like $35 US or something like that) and it includes the free figure and 6 comics and 12 Master Collectors. (Keep in mind the 6 comics are packaged bi-monthly in the Master Collector newsletter/newspaper/things).

3. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

If you signed up for the club now, I have no doubt that you will get the next free figure coming in March/April. You can also get the last free figure from the Club store for $20 with membership. They also sell back issues of the newsletter/comic in the club store as well.

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yep, you'll get "Combiner piece 3" :) 

5. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

Can someone please post some pics of these exclusives?? I've never been a member, and I just started collecting. Is it worth it to have the membership??

6. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    [​IMG] #1 - Skyfall

[​IMG] #2 - Landquake

7. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Hey guys, I signed up and received an error. I checked my online banking and a $40.00 pending withdrawl was there so I'm guessing it went through. When will I receive my information so I can go online and buy stuff at member's price?

Also, if someone could provide a link to back issues in the online store that'd be great. I couldn't find them anywhere.

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Corbet if you are interested I can give you an email address for Angie. She is in charge of orders.
    MegaMus
    P.S. When I renewed my membership they gave me the option of either exclusive and that was in Feburary.

9. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

If you could give me that, it would be great. I'd rather buy the older one now and get the next one for free, mainly because I have the extra money now.

10. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I saw that it was asked a couple posts up and I was also wondering...Is it worth it to join?

Do the exclusives warrant the membership fee?

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    When I joined at botcon I got that black Arcee Botcon exclusive?

12. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    To me it has been worth it...of course I've bought several of the exclusive basics like the white Gasket for about $40...so even without the magazine it's in the ballpark I'm used to...plus the $50 Botcon discount makes it a no-brainer if you're planning on going :)  Save $10 on Botcon, and get a free toy etc :) 

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The exclusives are nice. The Club Mag is also a good part but the biggest part about joining is that if you want to go to Botcon you get 50 dollars off for being a member.

So basically if you're planning to go to Botcon join the club and you'll save 10 bucks and get all that stuff for free over the year. Which is always good.
    Or exactly what DragonClaw said

14. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Actually, I think the kick-arse club magazine warrants the membership fee :cool: 

We are just wrapping the first issue of 2007 this week, the magazine looks awesome, the profiles, oh....my....word, everyone is in for a nice surprise. The comic is very sweet, it is so cool to see the classics actually on page. And as I have posted before, we are working off a new format which I think people will really like. Very different and better from last years and absolutely blows away what we did in year 1.

But back to your initial question. Not only did we pick the best combiner guys to make up this team, the story behind these 5 guys is so cool, something that we have not seen in the TF mythos before. You are getting a cool toy AND a cool story behind the character.

The year 3 guy looks very cool and details about him will be coming out in the near future.

- Pete

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a member of the club and will always support it as long as MC is tapping into the people that they are... they're reaching out to the right members of the fandom for consultation, and I think the materials/exclusives we've seen so far reflect that.

That said, there are definitely concerns that vary from person to person, which everybody needs to evaluate for themselves. Not saying I agree with any of these, but some that I have seen discussed here on the boards include:

- Expensive membership fees for international members
    - Club not being worthwhile if you're not attending Botcon (i.e. the club is too focused around the convention)
    - General uselessness of the Master Collector "newspaper"
    - Not enough tangible benefits to justify the price (i.e. the free figures have been less than stellar and club exclusives are still astronomically priced)

16. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I'll agree with you on most of these points. Botcon is overally expensive IMO so I've never had a chance to attend (and the fact that it's in RI this year means its also to far away). The Master Collector newspaper is pointless, I don't even look at it and if I wanna throw a classifieds up I'd throw it on the net.

The club exclusives are extremely expensive from what I've seen. How much is Astrotrain and Airrazor going to be again?

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, I re-emphasize (note the bolded phrase in my original post) that I do not personally hold these views, but have seen these concerns pop up with some regularity; and they may be of interest to someone contemplating joining the club.

Truthfully, my only complaint is convention attendee-exclusive toys, a dastardly concept which unfortunately appears to be here to stay. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with my club experience.
    :thumb 

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    do we know if he's going to be remolded yet? i had to bail out on year 2 cuz the figure wasn't remolded (as had been previously announced) and i didn't care for the deco (i liked Skyfall well enough though)

I'll probably join cuz i gotta get Airrazor! :)