Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Jun 20, 2012.
This is hypothetical btw, it'd take me months to rewrite that 2 1/2 hour movie.
Megatron should have lived.
I've got a list:
1. Let Megatron and Soundwave live.
2. Make Bumblebee talk
3. Keep the Twins in the movie, kill them off if you want but do it in a way that's honorable like dying fighting Sentinel Prime or something like that.
4. Make the Superfund van Swindle.
5. More individual Decepticon characters
6. Give Topspin a voice
7. Make Shockwave more of a important character. More Dialoge, more screentime, the works.
8. Number 7 should also apply for Que
9. LESS HUMANS SCREENTIME
10. MORE ROBOT SCREENTIME
11. Don't Starscream die by the hand of Sam
That's about it.
Before the opening credits, the following crawl:
"Dear Transformers Fans - Hasbro and Paramount Pictures would like to apologize for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
I would change the writer.
Some of my changes would be:
1. Actually make Shockwave the main villain, and the autobot assassin he really is.
2. Make the cons stronger like in TF07
3. Have Soundwave do some scientific things
4. Keep Megan, get duck/donkey lips off the screen
5. Not have any cons die, maybe just protoforms.
That's what comes off the top of my head. There's a lot of changes that I would make, but it is what it is.
Give me a few days, and i will give you my perfect version.
Get rid of Mirage/Dino (and have Sideswipe do everything he did), make Que/Wheeljack actually look useful in combat, and kill Megatron in such a way that even the most thick-headed of people would realize that randomly bringing him back to life for the fourth film is an absolutely asinine idea (note: this is not directed at anybody in particular, I'm just so goddamn sick of hearing people want him back without realizing the damage it will do to the franchise).
Make this an option and I'll vote for it.
My DOTM changes:
1. Jerry Wang and Bruce Brazos... Completely erased from existence.
2. Shockwave and Megatron as the main villains.
3. Sentinel Prime as a devoted ally to Optimus Prime.
4. All Autobots and Decepticons get more screentime.
5. Jolt, Mudflap and Skids are brought back.
6. Starscream is not killed by a human being, instead he is killed by Megatron.
7. Sentinel becomes involved in the battle on the freeway and assists Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Dino in the battle with The Dreads.
8. The playground scene in the book involving Sam and Sentinel is shown in the movie.
9. Sentinel joins Optimus in Optimus's awesome rampage attack, therefore making the scene even more epic.
10. Dino dies as originally planned, Que survives, Bumblebee dies because he is way too overrated.
11. Wheelie lives, Brains dies.
I'll think of more when I can....
There's just one problem, Bumblebee dies.
I'm talking about how MOST of the audience will react to that. I guarantee kids and families will not watch this movie without Bumblebee, and that would be a major decline in ticket sales. You have to take that into consideration, but I understand perfectly that it's your opinion. I'm just saying, ya know?
Even though I'm a huge fan of Bumblebee so I'd never want him to die, but again your opinion, and I respect that
1. Mikaela would have died in a Decepticon-related incident (perhaps at the hands of Laserbeak?) rather than being clumsily written out. Sam would not really want anything to do with the Autobots, blaming them for her death, but will be eventually be drawn back into the war.
2. Carly's brother would be the British guy we saw in ROTF
3. I'd take out the Wreckers, Dino and Que and instead give the screentime to the survivors of ROTF.
4. We'd see more of the humans trying to take back Chicago and failing.
5. The driller can go, Shockwave can stay.
6. Cut the wingsuit scene in half.
7. The Autobots would be shown leading a massive counteroffensive involving the humans.
Sentinel gets his mind taken over by Shockwave, who then proceeds to cause everything that happens in the movie (forced killing of ironhide, forced space bridge from moon, forced to fight optimus, etc) shockwave shows his tactical intelligent side to go with his monster side.
i want megatron will actually be a match with Optimus
That would have been hysterical
As much as I loved the whole "time to find out" sequence, I still wish the ending would have been similar to the novel's ending
I would have made Megatron a powerful fighting force bent on revenge through the entire film, instead of a weak rust bucket.
Honestly, the novel ending i would have accepted. In the novel, Megatron survives. If Meg`s lives then it means Sentinel could have been the only villain and less people would have looked down on Megatron.
Also if you read the novels Megatrons motivation is;
First film; conquest and rebuilding Cybertron using Allspark
Second Film; Becoming a Prime and rejuvinating Cybertron
Third film; Getting humans to help rebuild Cybertron
His logic makes sense if you think of him as an old war veteran who just wants to go home, it also explains why he was so concerned with Cybertron throughout the films when he could have conquered any other planet. After his 'death' he has officially renounced trying to fight and only kills Optimus because of his master using Sam to draw him out.
either change the wreckers' names (including being the wreckers and the xantium), or make them be more like the original wreckers.
Separate names with a comma.