If I could get some help from you guys

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cutback4197, Jun 14, 2008.

1. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I recently bought an item off ebay. The seller was actually very good and he told me he shipped. He lives relatively close so it should have taken no time. I waited aweek and it did not arrive so I emailed the seller who gave me the delivery confirmation that said it had been delivered six days ago. I then called the post office like four times over the next week. They did not have it and could not find it. Since I did not receive the item I asked the seller for a refund and was willing to take half because I believed it was my PO's fault. He declined. I took it to paypal, but since he had proof of shipping they found in his favor. Now, I used my credit card and I plan on disputing the charge. Do the credit card companies usually find for the card holder? Will this screw up my paypal account or cause problems with ebay? The only real proof I have is that I just bought the exact same thing to replace the lost one and my calls to the post office. Your advice will be well received. Thanks

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've never had this happen with eBay, but I did have it happen with Amazon. The tracking number said it arrived, but it never did. Amazon was great to deal with and sent out another order for me. I know eBay is not really known for its customer service, so I think you may be screwed on that end.

I would think that the credit card company might be more on your side, although with the delivery confirmation saying that it had been delivered, you might have a hard time.

Did you double check with the seller that it was actually sent to your address? Other than that, keep harassing the post office.

3. cutback4197

Ebay:
    He said he did, but all it takes is an 8 to look like a 6 and it is at the wrong apartment. It was sent to the correct zip according to the DC. I am hoping to get the PO to send me a letter saying that I am claiming the package was lost so I can have some evidence in my favor.

4. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

well if you filed a dispute with paypal and they found against you since he had DC on the item. if you file a chargeback on your credit card, guarentee that your paypal account will get locked...their TOS says that you agree not to file chargebacks with creditcard holders and will use the paypal process to get problems settled...so if you do not mind having a paypal account...file the chargeback...but if you do your paypal account is Gone baby Gone....

so something to think about....

5. cutback4197

Ebay:
    Lovely, I am glad I have not done it yet. Thanks, I guess it is time to harass the post office.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    have you tried asking the neighbors if they got it?If they transposed numbers that could be the answer

7. cutback4197

Ebay:
    I thought of that, but I live in an apartment and have alot of neighbors. I was hoping to get the PO to send out a notice.