If I can get First Editions for people here. Would you want them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, May 11, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I was at Toy's R Us Today and I was tempted to get some FE's to helps out some board members here. Problem is I know shipping is going to be a lot.

My question is if I can get some FE's and sell them at cost basically would any of you still be interested if shipping cost me between $15-$20?

So we are talking , $17 for the figure and whatever shipping would be. I would include all bills to prove I'm not trying to screw anyone. (Not to mention the price of shipping would be right there on the package.)

I probably wont be as lucky when I go back. But they had Arcee, Starscream, Cliff, and of course Bee... (Pretty sure no one is gonna want him).

I'm not expecting people to want to pay :$37 for a deluxe. Which is the reason I didn't get any. But I'm just throwing this out there. No promises. But if you are legitly interested let me know.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The only FEs I'm interested in finding are the Takara Optimus and either Bulkhead. It's great the Deluxes will become more widely available to people, but they were kind of plentiful and not too expensive anyway (other than Vehicon, I guess).

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm more interested in RID Vehicons, truthfully. I've already got all of the FE figures I wanted a while ago.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i would like FE Arcee She's among my most wanted so badly toys along the cancelled dotm toys

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    If you want one, you can already buy one for $40 right now. Which is right in the price range Mewtwo is talking about.

6. Mewtwo

Yeah I figured as much. Which is why I didn't buy a bunch. I knew with shipping it was probably going to be a no go.

Ok.

Well the problem is you are overseas. So if you can imagine shipping to the US would cost me that much... overseas is going to be even crazier... Sorry... :( 

7. Mewtwo

Yeah but that $40 price range is before shipping from those online places isn't it? Mine is including shipping. There is a difference. But the problem is he is overseas... so shipping would probably be even more.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, its probably harder for him because of where he lives, but these things aren't anywhere near hard to find in terms of finding people who're selling em, even at or near cost. The most people really list Cliffjumper for on here is 40+shipping (30 being on the low end), and Arcee/Bumblebee/Starscream are being sold at cost by several people, myself included.

Its the Vehicons & Voyagers that're demanding the heavy wallets, unfortunately.

9. Mewtwo

Yeah. But that's $40 for Cliff PLUS shipping. I was willing to sell him at cost plus shipping. I think that's a big difference. But yeah I know the shipping kills it...

10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I would be interested. Ideally I would love a voyager FE optimus, that deluxe megatron pack with the kids, a vehicon or two and FE cliffjumper.

If you can hook me up, I would be grateful.

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    @Mewtwo: If you've got the supply & are willing to do that, go hard. :) 

You'd need to actually have them in hard however (as per the junkion exchange rules), but it shouldn't be a big deal because you have like 45 days to return em, and I'm sure you'll be found by the right people in the pinned thread we have in that section.

12. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yeah, the higher shipping costs is what keeps me away from buying from Canadian sellers, which sucks since the deal for the actual figure is great (like with what you are doing). It's the shipping that makes you go "WTF!"

It is cool of you to help out others, since you do have some FE figures in your area. :) 

13. Mewtwo

Sorry it was only the ones listed. The 3 Deluxes. There were no Voyagers of course and the Entertainment Pack never made it here...

Well I wouldn't put it up in the forum saying I had them unless I did. Which is sorta why I made this topic to see if it was even worth it. I knew the shipping would kill it. it's too bad though... Cause it would have been nice to help out people who didn't get them in the States.

I was thinking though if someone wants one of each the shipping basically stays the same. Because adding two more figures to a box doesn't really add much and I get charged almost $20 anyways. But yeah... shipping basically kills the deal. Sadly...

Yeah I know... The shipping does kill it. Oh well. I guess it's good I didn't buy a bunch and then have them left and have to take them back cause no one was interested. (Can't blame them though when shipping is so damn much..)

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I am not overseas, Guatemala is part of Central America, thus Guatemala is part of America (but the center part)

15. Mewtwo

Ok sorry. Point is though if it cost me that much to send to the US, imagine even further south... :crazy: 

16. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Does the shipping get a little better with two figures? Say if you boxed up two Cliffjumpers, would the shipping be 30-40 or maybe in the 20 range?

Also, to reverse your kindness...do YOU need any figures that we have here in the States that are not out in Canada yet?

17. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    true, my friend MightMouse74 (who is from canada, had to paid like 67 bucks for send me a HFTD Leader Optimus, however he and i dont know how much shipping for a deluxe toy would cost)

18. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Also, it doesn't always cost 20-30 dollars to send something small. It's just that the cheaper methods don't come with a tracking number, and don't work for anything physically larger than/as large as the entertainment pack. Mind you, that's from Canada to the US. To other places it varies quite a bit, but in either case using the CP calculator before hand is a must. Making your own boxes also helps because they're not only stronger if you know what you're doing, but you can make em the exact size you need which saves money for your buyer.

19. Mewtwo

Yes. I should be able to fit two deluxes for basically the same price. Because the dimensions of the box wouldn't be any longer/wider. It would only start being an issue when the weight starts going up. Even 3 figures shouldn't raise it too much. However beyond that I don't know.

As for needing things. I missed out on the Masterpieces like Grimlock and Hot Rod... because never getting them up here. But it would probably be cheaper for someone in the other parts of Canada to send those to me. I imagine those would be quite a bit with shipping to Canada from US.

I'm also looking for the two HA packs that were exclusive to Kmart? (Or Target?) which had recolors of Icepick and Backfire. I had someone who was going to give me a good deal on them but he hasn't contacted me back in awhile.

But thanks anyways. This was probably a bad idea. I'll probably go back to Toys R US and all that will be left is Bee's... since I didn't nab the others.

What... ??? $67? Holy crap! :eek: 

20. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yes, but again it was mainly because what he shipped to me was a HFTD Leader Class Optimus Prime, we dont know how much shipping a Deluxe toy from Canada to Guatemala would cost.

i have asked many times on many sites how much it would cost but i never got a awnser or the awnser was unclear/didnt made sense