If Hasbro returns to Alternators, would you like to see motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Alternators needs more variety and new gimmicks to keep going (not like Cyber Keys or Mini-Cons). I suggest $10 motorcycle Transformers in the same scale.

Or is Alternators completely dead now and no new form of toys will save it? There will never be jets due to the sheer size of them unless they produce them in a different scale to but then they wouldn't *really* be Alternators.

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Motorcycles, uhm.....
    I guess not.

3. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I would have before they decided to make all of the tapes into cars. Now, there isn't really anyone popular that would fit the bill.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah as it is now, Alts are cool and a great concept but the line is so stale with just cars. I might want to get back into collecting them if they expand the concept. Some people might get up in arms if they change the scale, but I for one wouldn't care in the least if they offered aircraft and military vehicles the same size as the cars. Motorcycles would be pretty cool too. I know someone suggested Soundwave be the Dodge Ram when listings for it first showed up in computer systems and we didn't know it was going to be Prime yet, and have Rumble and Frenzy Transform into motorcycles to go into the tuck bed and have the engine transform into Laserbeak. Obviously since Rumble is getting his own release that's not going to happen but I still think that would be cool.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    enegon arcee is almost to scale so that's what we'd end up with

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    motorcycles are too limiting when it comes to robot modes. just not enough mass.

I just want them to return long enough for the Megatron they mentioned a while ago (forgot what his car mode was gonna be) to come out.

7. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Well there's Groove the Protectobot. Wreck-Gar being an earth motorcycle wouldn't fit in with his character so I wouldn't want him to be one. How about Laserbeak transforming from a motorcycle into a Condor?

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I want motorcycles, SUVs, trucks, planes, jets, tanks, artillery, mp3 players, whatever - spice it up, I say. And there's no law saying that a character cannot be recreated (see Ravage). It's not like there aren't enough characters left. Although some should definitely stick to cars. :) 

Will it happen? Probably not to any sizeable degree, but Alternators need more appeal, and Transformers desperately needs a nice, big tank with functional treads, lots of articulation and possibly electonics imo.

9. Bass X0

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind larger $30 Alternators but bigger than that and people will expect more for their money than just a big toy.

But then if people buy Cybertron Metroplex at full price...

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not really, no. It's proven extremely difficult to make a really good motorcycle Transformer. There's really just not enough bulk to a motorcycle to make a good, low-kibble robot mode out of.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

If ALternators return they should back it with a cartoon. Re-release MP Optimus with trailer all in plastic at $50 for a leader. Include MP Starscream and the seekers as an Ultra class at $30-$35 a piece. Slowly release all the previous Alternators in waves of 4. Include new molds beyond standard cars. And include a smaller 1:32 scale for minibots and cassettes.

Of course this will never happen, but one can dream.

12. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I like the fact that they are all cars, just seems more realistic to me. I wouldn't mind some military vehicles, but not too many.

Wasn't it a Cadillac of some sort?

13. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I've always thought that they should have cars/cycles (civilian transports) as Autobots and tanks/Planes (military) as Decepticons. so, yes.

14. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe if the movie clicks well, more companies would be willing to license out their cars as Alternator molds.

Motorcycles? hmmm....those are gonna be really skinny 'bots if we're gonna stay true to the "real life scale model" style of the Alternators.

15. Bass X0

News Credits:
    they don't have to be skinny. they could... i dunno... fold in on themselves or something. They'd probably be smaller in height but they would have decent proportions.

16. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

i wish there were new binaltechs.. i wouldn't even ind if they stuck with cars. cause i really really like the quality of the alt modes. the only thing i would ask for would be different models of cars.. maybe even add some classic cars.. like old mustangs, or camaros, or corvettes.. and add some new cars like caddies, and bmw's, ya know luxury vehicles.. a range rover, ya know.. just more models of cars. that's what i'd like to see.

17. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i'd like to see a Chevelle Alternator!

18. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind some variety, but it would be difficult to create a totally realistic motorcycle and a nicely proportioned robot. I'm not against it, but I'm having trouble seeing it happen.

Yeah, it was a Cadillac XLR.

19. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Axer, Sideways, Lugnutz and Arcee fit the bill fairly well...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    the motorcycles sound and look cool, maybe if they were a combiner. i also think some sort of driver or human people created for them would be nice, sort of like the asterisk and kiss players, but sold seperately. theres a ton more cars out there they could do as well, id like to see a lambo. or a lotus elise. an alternator Hotrod would kick butt too cus you can never have too many Ford GTs :)