if driving to botcon with trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, May 10, 2010.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, I know this is more toward the dealers then it is for the anyone else. I just got off the phone with the hotel. The just informed me that my special need may not be able to be filled. See we told them that I will be driving my full size silverado with a 5x8ft trailer behind. They told me cause the con is open to the public that they want every parking spot open. They will try to have a spot for me over in the moblie home parking. But that spot may not be open. That my best bet is to park off property. WTF. I'm going down early so I can go to the parks. The blank with that now. I just spend that money on more beer and chill in 1 of their pools.

Fyi. Moblie home parking will not fall under the 5 dollar a day rate for the con. Its 25 a day

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ridiculous. If they're going to host conventions with accomodations for dealers, they need to allow for small trailers in normal parking, even if they want to charge you twice for both spots.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

There are going to be a LOT of us in this situation.

This is something Brian needs to handle for us.

4. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Long distance family vacation people may easily have a problem too. I know a lot of people opt to stick to a smaller car for travel and add a very modest trailer to it for extra space when on long family trips, camping, etc.

5. rework

Yeah, but I'm thinking about dealers... We are here as part of the show and we pay a significant fee to set up. I think it's expected that the organizers make sure there are arrangements for our vehicles.

I'm pretty sure they always have in the past.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well you also have to consider where and when it's being held. It's at Disney, and Botcon happens to fall on the weekend before 4th of July, which is the 2nd busiest time of the year at Disney World, Christmas being the busiest. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, however it's going to be PACKED.

7. gen1fan

News Credits:
    ok so I send Brain an email let he know of the problem. Also ReworkI know your crew will most likely have a trailer as well So Do me and u a favor send him an email stating you saw this tread and you called and was told the same crap.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  8. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Has there been any response about this issue yet?

9. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Have not received a reply back from brain. Going to send him a reminder email about this issue. Also on a side not I got in touch with my cousin. Who just happens to work for walt disney in tghe marketing deptment. She told me that their going to be street bander and fliers at all the walt disney hotels and resort about botcon.

10. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Advertising is awesome, but when I'm paying Sheraton and Disney over $700 for a hotel room, and paying over $1300 between Primus package and booth to the people who are paying them out of that money, AND I'm going to be spending money with them on food, drink, etc for five and a half days while there...they god damn better accomodate me without extra expense for a small trailer if I end up needing to use one.

Seriously, if we're talking people drawing a trailer that won't fit in one parking spot, that's one thing. But small trailers that would fit fine in a second parking spot behind the tow vehicle, they need to deal with. If they want to charge 2 parking charges of $5 per day per day for parking due to taking up the second spot, fine, that's cool, but telling you "MAYBE you can park in the RV lot for 5x as much, but we're not gonna promise you can park here at all" is bullshit.

It's a convention center. Available, normal parking accomodations for exhibitor vehicles is EXPECTED.

11. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Dude that the whole point I was argue with the hotel. I'm going down. With the trailer and they can deal with it

12. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Brian needs to come after them, too. He is the organizer of this, and he needs to tell them this policy is not OK.

13. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Gen1fan, have you heard anything back from Brian about resolving this situation yet?

14. rework

I just saw a brief email from Brian that they are going to have arrangements for dealer vehicles on the Pacific Terrace. He says just mention it when you check in.

15. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Good, good. Way to leave it til the last second, though...