IF Devastator is in the movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    ... I don't think he'll be humanoid shaped. Why? Look at the logic used in the first movie. Because an F22 was so much larger than a Peterbilt, they had to design Starscream's robot mode ape-like to keep him short. What we've heard about Devastator ( if the info is correct ) is that he has 7 vehicles. Since construction equipment is already so big, 6 vehicles would have already been too big for the Autobots to deal with. Why add a 7th? Here is my theory. Based on the toy info we've gotten, about one voyager and six deluxes, I think he will be insect shaped. The voyager will become the body, and each deluxe will be a leg. It explains why there was a 7th added, and it would keep him shorter which follows the logic of the first movie.

What do you guys think?

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    interesting concept for sure...
    but i think that the way that they have taken the designs doesn't really restrict them as much as say G1 would have. it will obviously have to remain practical because they are making toys, but i think it will a lot more complex then just having a centerpiece with six legs. i do think your idea is cool though

also, one of the sources that leaked about devastator (who provided legit info about him being made of seven bots) said that Dev was going to have "lots of upper body strength, like a Gorilla", which sounds kinda dumb to me. but apparently it's the truth.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    My opinion.
    Voyager=Torso
    Deluxe1=Head,neck,shoulders(for the upper body strength)
    Deluxe2=Waist, Upper Legs
    Deluxe3=Arm, Hand
    Deluxe4=Arm, Hand
    Deluxe5=Lower Leg, Foot
    Deluxe6=Lower Leg, Foot

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I have a different theory, I think the voyager will add the base for the shoulders neck head and midd torso, then one will add to the chest, 2 for arms 2 for legs and 1 for the waist

But that is just me, that is if they actually work really hard on the detal and way to combine them all...I just hope this won't turn out to be another one of those silly looking toys, like the inspector gadget collection from Mc.Donalds you know, I want something different for devastator, alot of detail, because you know as soon as the deluxes and the voyager come out I damn for sure going to buy them all kitbash the shit out of it and customize it till it looks like the movie version haha

5. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    I'm not really expecting movie Devastator to maintain the "one bot becomes a leg, one becomes an arm, etc." design approach of more traditional combiners - more a collection of multi-colored scrap metal with the occasional vehicle part (treads, wheels, scoop arm, etc.) added in semi-logical ways to help give the illusion of a coherent design. But I've been wrong before.

As for the reason there are seven Constructicons, I have a theory that six were planned around the time Bob & Alex sent in their treatment and the designs were made based on that. The seventh was Josh Nizzi's "Long Haul" design that the production team threw into the line up because they liked it so much. From what we know the list corresponds (sans the lack of green) to every one of the original Constructicons except there are TWO dump trucks.

6. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    im sorry but all speculation on movie devie cant be talked about or i might just die from excitement and do you all really want that on your conscience? now that we know what the vehicles are and a kinda vague description of devie im waiting for the inevitable photoshopped Devi. really cant wait to see the toys thou i mean come on lets go for biggest combiner in history for part 2 cause the combined version doesnt have to pass drop tests i dont think just the single components.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry to say it but ugh. Fingers crossed that they go with something that looks something human like or at the very least ape like. Given all the negative things the team has been responding to like the promise now of more bot time, a more armored look on the robot leaks and everything else I just can't see them getting fans up in arms all over again because they wanted to do something weird when the Constructicons combine.

Of course it's also the movie universe and they are really skilled at finding ways of ripping all my enjoyment out of the franchise, but I'm going to hold out a bit of hope that when they combine there will be enough of what rolls around in our little fans minds to say oh wow that's Devastor and not what's that thing.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, if the insider's info is correct, I doubt he'll be insect like. Part of the info was that he has a lot of upper body strength, hinting at a more gorilla-like shape, imo. Also, we know nothing about the toys, as the only rumor about them was proved false.

9. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

I can't Hardlt imagine.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    same mind.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Devastator is only going to transform into a ball and roll around crushing everything and that will justify the name Devastator. LOL

Honestly it will be really REALLY hard for them to screw up a Gestalt like Devastator. The maxium appeal would be achieved just by them combining into one large semi humanoid robot. With Devastator it only has to be cool and Humanoid not as much G1 strictness needs to apply to this character as say optimus or BB

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can see that. Mebbe not insect shaped, necessarily, but even just a sorta centaur arrangement.

Regardless, something non-humanoid certainly seems possible.

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm going for the gorilla like look, I imagine it will be similar to Stockade's design.

14. Optimus Hotdog

Optimus Hotdog Active Member

I think he'll be massive, like twice the size of prime etc!!! He has to be big hence the fact that he's in it and plus there like sevon robots combining to make him!!! When they merge, it's gonna rock, just hope the FX do it justice!!!!!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wonder if twice the size of Prime wouldn't be guessing a little short. From the equipment they have listed that's a good deal of metal that's going to combine into one robot. Okay or whatever the bots are made out of.

16. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I'm thinking, what with the upper-body strength deal, maybe the voyager is the upper legs, waist, and torso, but a really thin center part of the upper torso (possibly head as well), then two deluxes for legs/feet, two for shoulders/upper arms (filling out the voyager's center torso), and two for lower arms/hands.

EDIT: Something like this:
    [​IMG]

17. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

He'll look like a giant multi-limbed insect or a mass of metal where you can't tell what vehicles he's made up from. Maybe both of those scenarios will come true..

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Pretty much what raven said PLUS in G1 since hes appearantly based on g1self he was waaaay huger than anyone is the purpose of combinders really that and more powerfull too.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Ohh.. Centaur shaped. That makes sense. Keeps him short, but he also has arms for a strong upper body.

Ok, that is my new theory.

20. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I doubt it'll be humanoid; in fact i believe it was said that Devastator would be "apelike". Personally, I hope it is quite unusual if not kind of grotesque, it will make it more alarming...