If cats could cry.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Mar 28, 2012.

1. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Okay this is a little story that I want to get off my chest. It has been eating at my mind for years.

It was almost a nice day out the sun was shining high in the sky, birds were singing. But, something was off balance. I went to school like a normal eighth grader should and got some A's on my tests. When I got home was the off balance part of my day. I came home and seen my sister and mother crying, I aksed them what's wrong. My sister said "Pokka was put to sleep today." That's when I got a lump in my throat, my life long friend and fave dog was no longer roaming this very Earth. Pokka was the shoulder for everyone to cry on, she always licked our wounds if we got cut, she always laid with us if we were ill. I loved her to death. But what upset me was her friend Duffis, our black cat changed dramatically. She stopped eatting all the time, she lays around and doesn't play as often. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she still missed her best friend and whom she conciders a sister. She doesn't interact with the other cat and dogs still. So if cats could cry, I bet Duffis would be still crying to this day.

I know it's mushy, but I just can't believe my first ever best friend is gone. I hope my 3 grandfathers and my grandmother are taking good care of her up there. R.I.P. Pokka I will always love you.

Now I gotta go and wipe my tears off. Thanks for listening.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Pokka will be waiting for you by the Rainbow Bridge, IceMagnus. She will never truly be gone; until you both meet again, she will continue to live on in your heart.

The Rainbow Bridge Poem - Petloss.com

Now if you'll excuse me; I think I've got something in my eye. Godddammit. :( 

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I know just how you feel. I lost one of my own dogs two months ago, and we have a dog that's still moping about it.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

My dad's cat died last month (very unexpected, he was only 3 and was in good health) and my parent's other two cats are still acting very different. It just goes to show the impact that pets have on the lives around them.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strange you should mention this. When I moved from South to North London last month, I had to leave my cat behind. Okay, technically she belonged to the neighbour, but she spent far more time at my house - and with me personally - than with her owner. She was always there when I needed some quiet company during late-night art sessions and was very affectionate. I didn't get to see her on the day that I left and I wonder what she's doing now. Does she miss me now that I'm gone, and does she feel the same way the same way your cat does? :( 

6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really sad. I've been worried about how my younger cat will take it when my older cat dies. I wouldn't say they're "friends", but it'll still be a bit of a shock to her.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Awwwwww, that's a lovely story IM, I'm sure she does feel the loss of her pal too...just try to give her a little extra love and attention...it will help both of you.

8. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    The sad thing is..... my grandfather and grandmother died the same year as her. My heart was literally broke into peices that year. That was in 2009-10.