If blitzwing was in tf4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwavedredd2, May 31, 2012.

1. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

2. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

That design isn't very... movie-ish...

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    So, do you want a VA or you doing it?

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They already had a Decepticon who turned into a tank and a jet and his name was Megatron.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "They already had a Decepticon who turned into a tank and a jet and his name was Megatron."
    An ALIEN jet/tank, which isn't really the same thing.

Anyway, I'd have TFilm Blitzwing a combo of the F-22 Raptor and the M1 Abrams tank, the altmodes of the Decepticons Starscream and Brawl. I did a post like this earlier, and I really hope TFilm Triple Changers like Blitzwing and Springer are feasible (unfortunately the only TCs that could work are Blitzwing, Springer and Sandstorm - Broadside, Octane and Astrotrain can't work due to scale).

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Arnold would totally rock the movie like Leonard did as Sentinel.

7. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

But it was more like a flying tank in ROTF, and not three modes of transformation.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He had three modes (flight mode and tank mode), though neither was stellar.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just want to point out that's G1 Blitzwing shown in a cut-away form to display his internal skeleton and mechanisms. It's not a Bay-ified version of Blitzwing if that's what you were thinking it is.

Also:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/575452-tf4-blitzwing.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...n/573677-transformers-4-blitzwing-anyone.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/546072-if-blitzwing-movie.html

A little search is only a little effort.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Okay, so you want a robot that can turn into this:
    [​IMG]

AND this:
    [​IMG]

While Mass shifting is nothing new to the TF movie universe, that's a physical impossibility to try and cram that tank into a jet. Or rather, the jet into tank, as the MiG-25 is somewhat larger than the Type 74. There's just too much kibble in either mode for Blitzy to effectively disguise himself as either and not be painfully obvious he's a Decepticon due to improper vehicle parts in the wrong alt. mode (I.E. good luck hiding the entire twin engine assembly in the tank), defeating the whole point of having earth modes in the first place.

I want to say this is another idea-baiting thread of his for that fan series thing he's so tight lipped about, but really I don't even know what he's doing anymore.

That's even more impossible, having an F-22/M1 Abrams hybrid. If you've ever seen an F-22, it should be obvious that there is simply no place for all the chunky tank bits since as far as the F-series goes, the F-22 is pretty close to being almost two-dimensional, as this picture shows:
    [​IMG]
    Starscream barely was able to pull off a robot mode from this. Trying to fit the beefy M1 in there without obvious incorrect kibble in plane mode would require mass shifting on a scale not even the movies have dared to try.

Not really sure how Springer and Sandstorm would work, either, save for the latter turning from a light buggy into one of those powered ultralight fliers.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think doing Blitzwing as a Duocon is the only decent workable method to use both alts.

But then he'd be Flywheels.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

To be fair, we've already had a reverse Duocon with the Twins in ice cream truck mode, and personally I've always thought the Duocons were actually a great concept that managed to be presented in the worst way possible.

I would not be against a Duocon Flywheels/Blitzwing hybrid. Having two separate vehicles could alleviate many issues with having to make one vehicle transform in complicated fashion into a robot, making the process simpler and the end robot bigger in the end.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The only way I'd truly approve of a Movie-verse Blitzwing is if they make him like his TFA counterpart with the three faces and three personalities. I don't care if they have to mass-shift; just give him a tank alt mode and jet alt mode, none of that Cybertronian vehicle bullshit, please (although I do kind of like Gingerchris' Duocon idea). The three personalities would ideally be voiced by Christoph Waltz (Icy), Ahnuld (Hothead) and Jim Carrey (Random), although Bumper Robinson can be called in if they can't afford to pay for those three.

14. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

Hey Astrotrain could work, if he turned into a whole train not just the first bit of one. :) 

15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    MiG-25 and T-72 are so extremely outdated. Why can't he be based off of more modern Russian vehicles? Howabout a Sukhoi Su-37 Super Flanker and T-90 MBT?

16. bearweezie

bearweezie Well-Known Member

Check out the sig, what do you guys think?

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Tank is sweet, I don't see him as a Stealth fighter though.