IDW's May Books!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by KAGE, Feb 17, 2010.

1. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    This been posted yet?

We got the cover art to the Ironhide mini and the May's issues...

IDW Publishing | The home of 30 Days of Night, Star Trek, Terminator, Transformers, G.I. Joe...

I'm love'n this right here!

Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 1

Simon Furman, Eric Holmes, Nick Roche, Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne, EJ Su, M.D. Bright, Nick Roche (a) • EJ Su (c)

It's IDW's TRANSFORMERS, remixed. For the first time ever, the entire IDW TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE is presented in hardcover, in chronological order! Start at the very beginning and experience each story as its events transpire in the main storyline. Featuring series cover design by E.J. Su, this run is sure to redefine your experience with the Robots in Disguise. Volume 1 contains: MEGATRON ORIGIN #1-4, SPOTLIGHT: BLURR, SPOTLIGHT: CLIFFJUMPER, SPOTLIGHT: SHOCKWAVE, SPOTLIGHT: NIGHTBEAT, SPOTLIGHT: HOTROD, INFILTRATION #0-6.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 392 Pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-60010-667-5

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Oooh. That new hardcover collection sounds really good.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Do we know yet if IDW has any further plans for Best of U.K. or did Prey finish that off? With all these mini-series (Bumblebee, Last Stand, Ironhide and Nefarious.) it would kind of seem that Best of U.K is taking a hiatus of sorts, which is a shame because I for one enjoyed every minute of it. And I really would like to see all of the UK Marvel run reprinted in some form eventually. We know Titan didn't reprint everything because Simon vetoed it, which is kind of sad really, but I'm not interested in paying crazy insane secondary market prices to get the earliest stuff from Marvel UK. And I was kind of hoping IDW might reprint that material.

I wouldn't be opposed to reprinting the Black and White material in special volumes akin to the Animated stuff either.

4. KAGE

News Credits:
    Looks sexy too, I wonder how this is going to play out when they get to the ongoing.

They said in a Q'nA that they will be trying something different with the UK stuff. I hope the old Marvel stuff gets the hardcover treatment as well.
    but it would make since to just to take their time and print them all instead of just "the best of".

I want to read the old Unicron stories myself.

5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Looks like a sweet collection!

6. KAGE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    http://idwpublishing.com/news/artic...tm_content=ironhide+&utm_campaign=19+feb 2010

San Diego, CA (February 19, 2010) - This May, fan-favorite IRONHIDE is back from the dead for his own four-issue series - or is he? Under license from Hasbro, TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE explores the history of OPTIMUS PRIME's best friend and the aftermath of his shocking death in TRANSFORMERS #1.

"Just because he's dead, doesn't mean he's not important! This is comics, folks!" said IDW TRANSFORMERS editor Andy Schmidt. "While IRONHIDE's death is extremely important to what's happening in the ongoing TRANSFORMERS series, it turns out it's even more important to the TRANSFORMERS home world of CYBERTRON."

Located on CYBERTRON, TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE weaves a rich tale of consequences past and present. Comics mainstay Mike Costa pens this exciting story, with art by the talented Casey Coller. Coller and Marcelo Matere will provide eye-catching covers.

"If you're a TRANSFORMERS comic fan, this is a must-have. The story has huge ramifications for the ongoing TRANSFORMERS comic saga," adds Schmidt.

TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE #1 (of 4; $3.99, 32 page; full color) will be available in stores in May. Diamond order code: MAR10 0988.

• News Credit News Credit x 1