IDW's G.I. Joe

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Oct 23, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

never bought a DD G.I. Joe so i can't really compare...but i though issue #0 was meh...

the first artist i liked, second artist (who's the ongoing artist) was better, and the last was a nope.

story was ok at best, nothing that made want to see what happens next. So i'll be passing on this title.

what did everyone else think?

2. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Chuck Dixon.

That's enough to keep me away from this book. That combined with the fact that IDW intends to pump out three simultaneous G.I. Joe titles, all of which you have to buy in order to get the whole coherent story, pretty much ensures I won't be biting.

A shame, too, since I was looking forward to a new jumping-on point for G.I. Joe continuity. Ah well.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm torn. I really hate the idea of a continuity reboot. It didn't work with Transformers, it didn't work when Devils Due tried it with G.I. Joe, I don't think it's going to work this time either.

As for the issue, it kept my interest somewhat. The first story was meh. The 2nd with Hawk and Duke was decent. The 3rd I really enjoyed, but that's probably because I'm the biggest (and only) Chuckles fan on the planet :p 

Funny side note was the writer using the last name of famous comedians for Chuckles alias's. :lol 

Jason (Stephen) Wright
    Derrick (Dave) Attell
    Marcus (Colin) Quinn
    Mr. (Artie) Lange

heh.

4. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:

you mean kinda like what they did with TF's? never was a joe fan easy pass.

5. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Pretty much. I think I'd enjoy IDW's Transformers books a lot more if they pared it down to at least one title per continuity.

6. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:

AMEN