idw whirl appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by gregles, Sep 14, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

if prime can have character appreciation threads so can the comic's, whirl at the moment has gone from a relative unknown with a dodgy toy to one of my favourite characters. He doesn't have that many lines in mtmte but when they come they often hilarious and amoral. He may appal and disturb his fellow autobots but he has my love and appreciation.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Whirl is just tops. And he's probably the single most infuencial character in IDW's history, since he basically showed Megatron the path to violence.

Plus, he's just so friggin' funny. Leaving graffiti in Magnus' mouth. I wish Prime had characters half as entertaining as Whirl.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Graffiti. Nuff said.

4. Uncle Madness

Uncle Madness Well-Known Member

Was kind of mad at him when he initially roughed up Cyclonus, (who is one of my favorites) back in issue 1.

But after issue 6, he redeemed himself.

Can't wait to buy his toy.

No seriously, I want those Wrecker molds more than I want the Combaticons and to have to wait almost a whole 7 months for it is nerve wrecking.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    'Who'd have thought it? Me, a one eyed watchmaker from Polyhex, shooting tiny bad guys inside the Big M's vocal cavity?'
    'Whirl, do you ever internalize any of your thoughts?'
    'You can do that?'

'Happy clappy, Drift. Happy clappy hippy, Drift. Happy clappy drippy hippy, Drift!'

'Let me get this straight, you left graffiti inside Ultra Magnus?'
    'Yeah, Don't pretend you're not impressed!'
    'What did it say?'
    'It says 'The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest Accord, can duly appoint my shiny metal...''

'Wow. If I'd known that was the best you've got, I'd have said something genuinely offensive!'

'I give up you win. Three hours. I am so bored I think I'm going to... Max, I seriously doubt you've got what it takes to see this through, but if you have, then please, just skip to the end and kill us!'

And those are just some of the ones from the top of my head!

Whirl is awesome. He's seriously messed up in the head, and in incredible character for it.

I need a proper and accurate Whirl toy for my collection. I've been using the DOTM HA Whirl but that just doesn't cut it anymore, nor do I think the upcoming Vortex remould will, he's such a unique character in look and personality some needs to make this rendition of him.

6. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whirl.

Whirl.

I owned Whirl as a kid and I've always loved him. His was a GREAT toy for the G1 era (both the Deluxe Autobots were). Given his original toy bio I always pictured him as Howling Mad Murdock from the A-Team: A chearfully "fun-crazy" helicopter pilot. That's how I imagined him through the years as one of my favorite TFs.

IDW Whirl is not that guy. At the very begining I thought I might be bothered by that, but leave it to Roberts, this much darker and MUCH more messed up Whirl is so spectacularly fun and deep I'm quite happy to follow him and this new take. Quite happy. :) 

-ZacWilliam, so far Skyfall is the only Roberts character development I've honestly disliked. But he's so awesome on the whole with absolutely everyone else I'm completely letting that go.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Oh god, ever since the "shiny metal" line, I keep using Bender's voice for him.

What do you hear for him?

8. Uncle Madness

Uncle Madness Well-Known Member

"You could've blown up half this ship!"

Whirl: "Which half?"

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    For a guy with one eye, I'm really glad he has so much personality.

...and his MTME form needs a toy in the worst way. Then we could get a super sweet Generations Obsidian retool along the way!

10. gregles

gregles quintesson

yeah same here, had a funny thought I've also posted elsewhere too if jhiaxus captures him we could get idw's version of benders wrestling alter ego gender bender, that would get all the fembot lovers (of both sexes) to cross there legs

11. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

"What? I'm being sincere. Look! This is my sincere face!"

"Look Max, speaking as I do as a guy who's had trouble adjusting to post-war life...I just want to say that there's still time to do the decent thing and kill yourself."

Legendary.

12. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Primus bless Whirl.