IDW UK Collection Pic Request

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Master Megatron, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I bought the first volume of the new reprinting of the Transformers G1 comics from IDW, and I'm interested in how the UK volumes are presented. If anyone could take some pictures of their copy I would be quite appreciative.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i didnt know this until recently, but UK comics are short, like a third the size, so basically every US comic is 3 UK issues.

not 100% sure what you are asking, but maybe this comic overview helps
    The Transformers (Marvel comic) - Transformers Wiki

if u click marvel issues #1, youll note that it constitutes UK issues 1-3. There are MORE than 3 times UK issues, (ie there are some issues that seem to only be printed in the UK)

4. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Yeah, that's good, I'm glad they chose not to recolor them. Is the UK collection the same size as the US ones or oversized like the Titan trades?

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're slightly wrong. The majority of US stories were spread across TWO UK issues (printing 11 pages each), not three. Exceptions are longer stories like "Dark Star", and late in the comic's run where they spread stories over 3 issues for a while.

The UK comic also had a lot of exclusive stories not printed in the US, which dovetailed in and out of the US continuity. So, it's one over-arching, unified continuity, see?

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On your shelf, it's the same size as the US ones. Note if you look at my pic at the left (actual one used for print), the comic images themselves vs the US are much smaller.