IDW Transformers Titles

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Okee, since I'm so in the dark as to what Stormbringer is about, why the characters look the way they do, what time line it's set in, etc., would it just be a smarter move to get the Infliltration TPB?

Because of what I considered to be VERY mediocre art, I never bothered to follow the Infiltration series. But on a story level, is it worth reading? And more importantly, should it be read *before* I check out the Stormbringer series?

And finally, do the Hearts Of Steel and Profile series tie into any of this, or are they kind of stand-alone background bio's of select characters?

Sorry for being so out of the loop on the comic front, but after DW went under, I just kind of closed the book on dedicating more time (and money) collecting more series, specifically IDW's because of the subpar art. But if it's a good story arc, I'll definitely give it a chance.

Thanks. And sorry again for all the questions (and 2 threads) about these comics.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    it would help if you post this query in the comics section. more knowledgeable ppl there.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Stormbringer and Infiltration are the timeline more or less,Infiltration takes place on Earth while at the same time Stormbringer takes place on cybertron.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Reading Infiltration is not essential to enjoying Stormbringer. There are a small handful of cross references you'll pick up on if you've read both, but the stories are mutually exclusive.

I happen to think Infiltration was one of the better TF stories we've had in a long while, but not everybody felt that way.

5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Hearts of Steel is set in an alternate universe and can be read on it's own.

The one shots will tie in with Infiltration & Stormbringer, but can probably be read & enjoyed on their own.

Read Infiltration before you read the upcoming Escalation. Escalation will then be followed by Anihilation I believe.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The inside cover of Escalation #1 will likely have all the exposition you need to follow the story moving forward. Infiltration was TERRIBLY slow-paced and focused on three humans Ratchet adopted as pets. Escalation will have the same artist, so you may not be interested in that series either, until they reassign it to DON.

7. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am quite enjoying the TF Universe IDW is building.

I believe Simon called the 3rd arc Devastation at Botcon.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    All points noted, thanks guys!