IDW TransFormers Movie Comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by cgibsonREX, Nov 22, 2009.

1. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I just want everyones opinion on this subject.

Do you think IDW should move the TransFormers movie comics out of continuity of the film much like Marvel did with their comics and the original cartoon series?

Looking back most of the pre-movie 2007 comics seemed to have lost their place within the timeline so who knows how relevant the ROTF comics will be once the third movie comes out.

I think it would be cool to make a new world based on the events of the movie but don't necessarily follow it.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I love them, Reign was great, Alliance and Defiance both have different tastes to them. Haven't read most of Tales of the Fallen yet (or at least the ones that're out so far), and the movie adaptations are passable.

I don't really see any problems with the comics clashing with the films (adaptations aside, as those are based on early scripts), the writers seem to have made quite an effort to keep it set in there, this is ignoring the Titan UK comics though. If anything they clash with the books more, as Veiled Threat and Alliance both told similar events fairly differently.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The UK-exclusive Movie Comics did this in between the movies - placed a whole saga full of stories in an "alternate reality" where Sam died and Megatron won in TF1! Pretty cool - but Jazz came back as a zombie!?! (By that point, I wasn't really following the plot...)