IDW Transformers Comics Arriving To iPad

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 4, 2010.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats cool, but its not enough to make me buy it...

2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for a company worth giving my money too makes a tablet/netbook PC.

4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    sounds like from reviews IDW's App is really sub-par (color me shocked ;) ) Hopefully they'll take a look @ the MArvel App and make some improvements...

5. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    The iPad. A "magical device". or just an oversized iPod touch.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think actual books will be fine for a long time, but physical comics and magazines are a different matter. Maybe not within 5 - 10 years, but I think monthly comics will be gone well before 50 years in the future. Sales of floppies are steadily declining (a highly successful Big Two comic sells maybe 150 000 units per month direct market), while cover prices continue to rise. It won't be long before we get to the point where you can download the newest issue of [whatever] instantly for cheaper than buying a physical copy. Plus the advantage of being able to download an issue from wherever, as opposed to having to actually find a comic store or pay/wait for an online site to ship physical issues, and the saving of storage space. Sure, there will be those who prefer the physical copies and continue to seek them out, but how many readers of the physical copies can the publishers afford to lose to downloads before just dropping the physical publishing entirely?

Up until my recent job, I've always had to use Apple computers at work and they have consistently been absolute garbage, IMO. Given that track record, I'm not going to be laying down any of my money on their products. Plus, it seems like at least 25% of the price of an i[Device] is a premium for the 'privilege' of owning an Apple product and comparable devices are available from competing brands for far less money.