IDW Timeline - An attempted analysis

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TerraDestroyer, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    So...Stormbringer, the story which IDW basically jammed down our throats with more ads than Marvel has for various underpants, has come to a close.
    I decided that this is a good point to try to summarize the IDW timeline, from what we've seen thusfar (Hearts of Steel, of course, does not count).
    I personally like IDW's new universe for the 'bots, as it takes some fresh approaches and some cool new angles on old characters (despite the admitted shortcomings of the 4-issue blocks).
    Anyway, here's the lowdown thusfar:

SPOILER HEAVY

So-many million years ago - Cybertronian Civil War begins, planet being quickly depleted of energy.

-Shockwave begins Regenesis project.
    -Thunderwing begins to tamper with Pretender Shell technology.

End of the last Ice Age - Shockwave visits Earth, is tailed by Dynobots, who are not yet speech-impeti..miz..ed. Fight ensues, stuff go boom, 'bots buried until Escalation (I hope).
    -Bludgeon charged as new head scientist by Megatron.

-Thunderwing apparently goes crazy with power overload (however that happens) and blitzes across Cybertron.
    -Decepticon and Autobot armies join forces, Thunderwing defeated (again, however that happens).

MASSIVE TIME GAP - (Soundwave noted to have visited Earth at some time)

-A few years ago - Decepticons begin colonization project of new worlds (Infiltration)

Present Day - Thunderwing discovered by Bludgeon's cult, and unleashed.
    Prime, the Wreckers and Predacons fight Thunderwing.
    -Verity and company get stuck in the firing line when Autobots discover Infiltration Unit.
    -Megatron...apparently is on Earth, gets into confusing fight with Starscream.
    -Prime is in da' house. Bitches.

So....that was....awful. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm diggin' these new series, but there are more plot holes here than in Godzilla: Final Wars ;) 
    Hopefully we'll learn more about this million-year gap in a few months, but does anyone have anything to add?

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Megatron comes to Earth to investigate why the Infiltration unit was apparently gone rogue. He then proceeds to clean up Starscream's mess (by making a mess of Starscream).

Prime comes to Earth because of the events of Stormbringer #4.

The only really obvious plot hole I can think of is: why didn't anyone look for the Dynobots when they went after Shockwave? Their shuttle WAS left behind in one piece, in orbit (or else Shockwave and the Dynobots wouldn't have been buried in the first place).

-XCN-

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    same way they disobeyed primes order to avoid confronting shockwave in the 1st place i guess. they just went awol.

4. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for pointing that out, XCN.
    Yeah...it's possible that they had gone AWOL...but their ship was just floatin' around?
    The whole million-year-thing is buggin' the hell out of me, even in regards to G1...although if I'm not mistaken, Cybertron went into a massive planet-wide stasis-lock when Optimus left....so that's one theory.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think the timeline works well, and who says that the dynobots shipped stayed in orbit? i know it did to unleash the mega blast, but i dont recall anything saying it would then stay there...eventually power would deplete, and it would lose orbit, possibly falling to earth or another planet....

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I will stick with your explaination for the Dinobots.