IDW TF rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jun 21, 2008.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    ok what happened with Revelations.........I mean Spotlight Cyclonus?? where was the sub-number??? you know i dont mind that the storys are broken up into different self contained arcs that make up the better part of a bigger picture, but its REALLY REALLY confusing for my LCS owner when he is ordering his monthlies, he sometimes ends up asking me what he should order. he under ordered on Cyclonus because his past experiences as a shop owner Spotlight doesnt sell as well as the main book....at least at my LCS. because of that lo and behold he was short on Cyclonus because he was under the impression it was a typical spotlight rather than part of the "main storyline". I even had to explain it to both him and a customer that Spotlight Cyclonus was part of the main storyline. my LCS isnt the only one with this problem either 2 other comic shops in my area are just as lost. For a customer to be baffled by this isnt really a step in the right direction either. I mean all of us here know Spotlight Cyclonus is part of the whole -ion main storyline. but what about the average joe on the street who doesnt have this "insight" we have, you would have to hand out a roadmap as they walk in the store "lets see read this story before that story but not that before reading that story over there" the "average" american doesnt wanna figure that out they wanna know to read 1-6 before 7-10 its a no-brainer. IDW really needs to make things simpler for both the customer and the LCS's, more "user friendly" if you will. just title the book TRANSFORMERS with a single ongoing number and somewhere on the cover put the arcs name and number. example, Revelations part 1 of 4. does every arc need to revert back to issue 1???? i believe this confusion may be one of the reasons sales have dropped.

2. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

They restart with #1's because apparently those sell better than an ongoing series does.

They really should've made it clearer that the upcoming Spotlights all tie directly together into one story arc, however.

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they must sell better my comic shop sold out of arcees 2 times! i still can't find the damn thing lol

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does say on the cover 'Revelations: Part 1'

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No sympathy here, Diamond publishes Previews for a reason and its not IDWs fault if shop owners arn't reading the solicitations or if thier customers are too bloody lazy to tell them what they want pulled when the orders go in.

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Here here!

7. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Limed for Truth.

8. MagnusPrimal

It does?
    Whoops. :eek: 

9. MagnusPrimal

Whether it's IDWs fault or not, if people for whatever reason are not understanding that these Spotlights are all linked, then it's probably costing them sales.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Well, what else could IDW have done? They clearly, and largely labeled the covers "Revelations: Part 1".

IDW also made this announcement about 4 months ago and it's been in the Previews Catalog for 2 or 3 full months.

11. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

Ignorance is no excuse.

12. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yeah, IDW's only fault in this (and it's hardly a big deal,really) is that they don't have it numbered with the secondary numbering system. That part kinda sucks. It should be number 23, IIRC.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

BOO!

Also; this is not the rant I was looking for.

14. Boo

Ebay:
    HI!(?)

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You got married!

(thread derailed)

16. Boo

Ebay:
    Yes i did! It's been amazing.:) 

17. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never knew about that numbering till I just went to look at the previous arcs, and there it is, tucked away in the bottom left corner.
    Nice catch Boo, and congrats on the marriage!

18. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

And here I thought they published Previews just to take orders for toys they never intend to actually deliver...

19. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't know that either, so that's news to me... But be that as it may - I am assuming here you are a regular to the board, and read the headlines on the main page - You'll have heard here that Revelations is the continuation of the main story, coming after Infiltration, Escalation and Devastation... And not just announced here, but on IDW's site, Simon Furman's blog and Chris Ryall's blog.

I feel for ya, but the information on the series was there to read all along.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You have to take the lead with these Android's Dungeon guys. You're the customer, make sure they order the books you want, and if they won't or can't, find another outlet.