IDW TF Prime: Beast Hunters Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Unless they appear in a flashback - they honestly dont look like 'Prime' style.

2. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Eh, i live in the UK and whoever says it is an idiot or a chav who should'nt be listened to anyway ¬_¬

3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd just like to chime in and remind whoever wrote this that "martialing" is not a real word. Period. The author probably meant "marshalling", but this is quite a big error to make in a press release...

Apart from that, another sad attempt from Hasbro to tie together the (obviously not set in the same continuity) WFC-FoC and Prime continuities... (for starters, Sludge is kinda dead there). I wager since Prime will be over in 13 episodes, we won't see any Dinobots in the cartoon. But, maybe this means more Dinobots will see a Generations toy release apart from Grimlock.

By "responded" I think he kinda meant 'ignored'. I have yet to see a Rage of the Dinobots discussion thread that lasted longer then 2 pages - and even those pages are mostly about how this comic goes nowhere. Seriously, in 4 issues, hardly anything happened that could be called a "story", and characters talk in such a stilted, forced way it was just weird.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    ^Yeah, seriously. Where's all this great praise and reviews coming from?

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But is it a one-shot or an ongoing or an ongoing series of one-shots or WHAT? They don't say!

6. Scorpio

News Credits:
    While their efforts are nothing short of Herculean, can they hold off their shadowy assailants long enough for CYBERTRON to be saved? There’s only one way to find out!

Just pointing out how stupid this whole comic is when the only thing at risk is Cybertron... which was completely deserted in the last series of Transformers Prime... which means that 'It doesnt matter if' they save Cybertron. 'It doesnt matter' they hold off their shadowy assailants. We all know they wont kill off the Dinobots in a mini-series comic book - that from the sound of it on here is less popular that the humping dogs in ROTF.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So so as he knows he is only speaking for "IDW fans" not "The Fans" I'm one of "The fans" I I didn't read his last touted comic so I can have no opinion on it's merit or lack of them one way or another. But he's not speaking for anyone other than his readers as a great many people no longer pay a blind bit of notice of Transformers branded comics.

If it's wonderful or not it has little if any baring on my fandom in general or specifically with regards to the Transformers Prime Universe.

And I think having FOC Grimlock as Prime Grimlock is at best "A bit of a stretch" and at worst a little bit absurd.

8. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    That looks epic!

9. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:

...And was back in the 1980s as well.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am ok if there are no Dinobots in PRIME series

11. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro:

The TFA Dinobots were pretty sweet.
    FOC Grimlock was pretty cool.
    You may not know this, but kids like dinosaurs, maybe you could make a toy robot that transformes like, into an Apatosaurus, and call is Sludge, I bet kids would buy it. Also you could make a toy robot that transformers into a stegosaurus, and call it snarl, kids would probably buy that too. Maybe as another part of the BH or Generations line.

Come on 'bro, those are the only two that we haven't gotten cool new versions for.

12. LegoShokwave123

LegoShokwave123 (-_-)

Jagex

13. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Have you people ever read a comicbook related press release before?

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    To be honest I don't think that this fandom even knows what a comic book is supposed to be.

15. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    But seriously, these things are always full of good press and pumping the book up. This isn't anything new.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they've called Costa "critically acclaimed" more than once.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Oh joy.

17. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm wondering if they're just planning on making a TFP toyline (i hope!!) of the Dinobots for TFP but not in the show (just comic). Also wondering because since the Terrorcons are Legion/Commander size, so probably not in the show that they're going to have enemies... the Dinobots who will also be Legion/Commander size. I've been pretty happy with a lot of the Cyberverse figures so I'd be ok with that. They'd go well with Metroplex too.

I'd still rather have full size Deluxe figures and Voyager of Sludge. WHile the Rage of the Dinos comic hasn't been all that great, I keep buying it to send a message to make toys. lol. Who's the sucker, me!!

18. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

You make it sound like we never get figures of the dinobots, which is outright untrue.

It's just that the bulk of the dinobots were pretty insignificant, so they only bother with Grimlock.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Didn't think much of the last one so I can't see me getting excited enough to open my wallet for probably more of the same.
    Maybe slags were less slaggy back then. :p 

20. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

More Transformers Prime Dinobots: Because No One Demanded It!

Seriously, the Dinobots have been one of my favorite Transformers subgroups since their inception in the 80's, but that last IDW mini-series was trash, at best. I did NOT get the impression that much time, or effort was spent on it at all, beyond maybe the cover art.