IDW Should make a "War Within" Cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Eyrothath, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Eyrothath

Eyrothath New Member

I really feel this would be the most awesome thing ever... They would be able to use most of the G1 characters, have a nice story to follow, would be G1.. And then they can leave Hasbro out of it, so it'll turn out much, much better... Note: In the older cartoons, every toy that hasbro popped out with, they had to appear in the cartoon.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, IDW does comics.

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One big problem with this, two really... One IDW isn't a cartoon animation company and second they don't have the rights to make a cartoon.

But yes almost every Transformer fan would love a War Within cartoon.... Hell it would be awesome to have a cartoon based on the current IDW stories.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

so long it's ain't made like the recent TF cartoons i'll be happy.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Takara should make a Beast Machines comic!

And Dreamwave should make a Hearts of Steel toyline!

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, considering that Hasbro owns the line... and IDW only licenses the characters to make their current incarnation of the G1 storyline (IE: Infiltration, Escalation, Stormbringer & the various Spotlights) I'd say that's not going to happen. Not to mention... Dreamwave are the guys that made War Within... IDW had nothing to do with it. Although, I do believe they are releasing TPBs of the first and second minis... the rights to the third mini is still up in the air I believe.

I do get where you're coming from, but your facts are a tad bit confused. However, the good news is that if you want some War Within designs as toys... the 6" Titanium line is doing some of them.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    catfish should make waffles....wait...that doesnt work....and yeah, i think a cartoon series would be great, but idw probably isnt the best company to do it, since they do comics....now if they decided to continue WW in comic form, that would be cool...

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I like you. Anyone who is pro War Within is good in my books :) 

If I had any confidence that they would do a cartoon properly, I would agree with you. But considering every cartoon since G1 all sucked something serious and were animated like Pokemon, it would kill me to see a Japanglish version of the War Within series also get mutilated.

I would be just as happy to see IDW pick up the WW comic series where Dreamwave lost it, and turn it into it's own ongoing canon. It would finally be something GOOD that IDW does with the TF name on it - outside of the Stormbringer one-off series. And Don F. should have absolute final say on everything to do with it :)  And be in charge of all the toy manufacturing :) 

Ahh yes... pipe dreams...

9. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I love the idea of a WW cartoon, but I don't think Hasbro would do it because it isn't as marketable. Why? The alt modes wouldn't be that recognizable since they wouldn't be based of earth vehicles. In addition, there'd be no human presence so children would have a harder time of connecting to the cartoon and this would lead to lower toy sales.

Good idea, and I hate to be Devil's advocate but that's what I think.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I agree with you about the kid thing. Seems to be that if you make a cartoon nowadays, it has to be littered with children talking fast.

But I disagree with you about the alt modes needing to be based on Earth vehicles to make it successful. Didn't that schlock known as Cybertron & Energon kind of throw that rule out the window? I didn't collect either of those lines, but every toy I saw looked pretty "alien" to me.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um...if IDW inexplicably turned out an animated War Within piece, I suspect it might be a bit disappointing. >.> What with them not being trained animators, unless I really missed something.

War Within continuation comic would be nice, but I <3 the IDW continuity a lot and wouldn't want to see it get pushed aside. Far as I can tell, however, they're halfways stitching War Within into the first part of their continuity. So yay on both ends, hopefully.

Also feel the need to clarify on this point:

That's incorrect in the case of nearly every (if not every) TF cartoon to date. :)  The toylines -always- have non-show characters/designs. In the case of G1, things like the Omnibots and Powerdashers. Even Jetfire technically never appeared, just some dude with a more human face called Skyfire.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And then they can leave Hasbro out of it, so it'll be much, much better! :lolol 

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Even disregarding all of your misinformation and overall negative attitude towards Hasbro... no, I really wouldn't want The War Within to be mad into a cartoon. It could be cool, if done right, but overall I'd prefer to just continue the continuity in comic form. It just feels right.