IDW September Solicitations

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Josh, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  2. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Is that Generations issue the infamous one where Prime kills himself over winning the video game?

Speaking of IDW solicitations, does anyone know how to go about getting their G1 MTMTE hardcover? It was solicited to come out this month, but I can't find a listing on Amazon or anything.

3. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Josh, did you draw that shockwave cover too?

Why can't we get a TF game like what's on the cover of Generations #7?

4. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

It says Nick Roche next to the foot.

Particularly looking forward to this one-shot. Dinos, and retro styling from an artist associated with TMUK. This is probably going to be more like the old comics than the realism we're getting in other IDW books or the manga stuff DW were known for. Should be sweet.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Looks like a great month of comics.

6. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Heh, I thought they were doing a Spike (Witwicky) one-shot from that first listing..! Poor Spike, sent to the asylum, because no one believes he hangs out with giant alien robots.

- L -

7. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I don't think either is the way to cut the cloth of judgement. Just different takes is all.

If anything to go by its set in the IDW-Infiltration verse. I'm very curious how Shocky will look (the covers are mostly nothing to go by so far) and how the Dinobots will work out (will they be organic by the get-go?).

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    that videogame cover is funny. :D 
    Oh well, nothing to do except wait 'til my Storbringer order arrive.

9. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

The prospect of organic Dinobots makes me tingly.

10. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

Transformers Spotlight: Shockwave look cool. Infiltration TPB on the way for those who didn't get the 1-7 issue

11. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Since the company's demise at least three or four freelancers who did work for DW have commented about being put under pressure to conform to the house style for TFs.

Nice to get some variety, IMO -- think it was mentioned somewhere that there'll be a different artist for each one shot, too, so hopefully there'll be more Raiz work.

12. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I don't mean that. That sucked. Sucked bigtime I agree on that.

But nothings better than the other. Wich is why EJ Su is right beside Don Fugueroa. Both have totally different idea how TFs should look. ;) 

13. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Don starts off with blocks and you can easily get toys out of his designs, and EJ starts with an endoskeleton and moulds the alt around that, but they're both pretty realistic about what can be achieved by a robot in the space. Megatron in Infiltration and Stormbringer is clearly the same design, and some thought's been given to consistency. Different styles, same designs.

Abstract so that things are expressive (Senior, Yaniger, etc) can be fun too. What gets me about Lee is that the guy often seems to have no grasp of physics or scale at all -- so you get things like his work on Iron Man taking the DWTF approach to metal (it's glass, apparently), or Soundwave having knees that massively dwarf Jazz's head, or Prime having portholes/breasts rather than a cab on his chest. Storytelling suffers when important things develop off-panel (such as the magically appearing pit in v2#6.) It's lack of ability and art direction rather than a style.

Everything's good as long as the art tells the story -- and having seen some of Nick's alternate pages for Target:2006, there shouldn't be any problem there... :) 

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Sexy indeed. My favorites out of the 4 covers are Generations #7 and the Shockwave one; but I'm more eager to get Stormbringer and Hearts of Steel as stories go.

Way to go IDW! :thumb 

-airfox

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I thought too! Lol! As for the Generations issue, it is indeed the one where Prime has himself blown up because he's a wuss (on occasion). I just re-read the original.