IDW Revolution

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by dj_convoy II, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hey, IDW's picking up another beloved franchise. As per usual, they will spend little money on a writer and ZERO money on an artist, and just throw something together, knowing that many of the franchise's starved fans will buy anything of any low quality, as long as it has the franchise's name on it.

3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

I got the one in the attached image.

Until I read the bolded, I thought you were on drugs. :confused: 

Attached Files:

4. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Alright. Well, if you don't like it, c'est la vie. At least you gave it a shot.

Y'know what? Fuck it. I'm done. You can enjoy the comics, you can dislike the comics, whatever. It's when you start being an ass that I get tired of it. I actually kinda enjoyed talking about these books with the people who liked them as well, but apparently I can't do that without some jackass coming in and trying to start shit. So fuck you. You enjoy being a sad, pathetic, little whiner and I'll be elsewhere enjoying some comic books.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'll be enjoying some comics, too. Some good ones. I don't enjoy being sad; I resent YOU for pushing these so hard and convincing me with your totally overblown love for this garbage to try these. Everything I say here is just to counterbalance YOUR ridiculously exaggerated praise, which hopefully might save someone else being tricked by you into wasting money.

So go ahead and stop responding to me. I'm not here for your benefit; I'm trying to help others who haven't been duped yet.

6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was really excited to have M.A.S.K. with TF, but there was just too much going on, and it didn't work. Again, I found it confusing and disjointed. I don't foresee it getting any better with later books.

What I am enjoying right now is Last Stand of the Wreckers. :) 

I bought a bunch of TPB last year, as I've never read anything IDW.

7. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Your ongoing inability to conceive the idea that people can have different opinions is hilarious.

You're not performing some selfless public service by going around trashing these comics wherever you find someone talking about them. "I didn't like this, so I'm determined to shout down anybody who did like it and tell them that they're wrong and a shill" is... well, I'll be polite and just say that there are definitely better uses of your time. And everybody else's.

But I know you won't stop, because you've been doing the exact same thing for everything you dislike for as long as I've been visiting this website.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but this guy comes off as some kind of IDW plant. Check his post history. What does he ever do here other than start threads about these IDW comics and then heap enormous amounts of unconditional praise on them? Does he join discussions about new figures? No. Old figures? No. Third Party? No. Cartoons? Not that I've seen. The movies? No. ALL he does is start threads to hype these books, like it's his only reason for being here, and then try to marginalize anyone who says the slightest negative thing about them. I'm sorry, but I find that suspicious.

Other than Batman vs Superman, find me an example. Oh yeah, and the Combiner Wars cartoon, not that there was much arguing going on. More often than not, you'll see me defending something than attacking it, whether it's the movies, a cartoon, Hasbro, someone's right to have either opinion regarding official vs. 3P, whatever.

But you see it the way you want to see it.

9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I know him from outside this website. He's not a shill. And correct me if I'm wrong, Dan, but I believe he's a pre-IDW Rom fan who came into the Transformers fandom via the shared universe, so yeah, not exactly surprising that he's primarily discussing the comics.

And no offense, man, but from the parts of this forum that I visit, I've always been primarily aware of you as 'that guy who doesn't like IDW stuff', even before the whole shared universe thing. If you're more positive on other parts of the site, that's cool, I guess?

Anyway, I'm outta here.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why would some come to a transformers forum to talk about transformers comics

seems highly suspicious if u ask me!!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Actually, while I am a pre-IDW ROM fan, I'm a lifelong TF fan. Grew up on my brother's G2-RID figures, first toy I ever got for myself was Armada Powerlinx Cyclonus. I first joined this site in 2010, at the tender young age of 13 after hearing about it from toy reviewers like TJOmega and Vangelus. You can see my first post here (So now that the miniseries is over, who's your favorie character?). Quite frankly, I was never a super regular poster.

Nowadays I collect the figures on a semi-regular basis (only official stuff, no 3P) and watch RID and Rescue Bots through Netflix. I see the movies when they come out. But the comics are my primary form of TF material, because I'm primarily a comic book fan (I even make YouTube videos about them, some of which I shoot in front of my TF collection). That's why I tend to post more about those. The only reason I really came back to TFW was to see what people were saying about Revolution because I was excited for the event and there's not many other places people are talking about it online in any sort of community. And quite frankly, I'm more active on other TF forums because a lot of the times I come on here and just see negativity.

So yeah, I'm a Transformers fan. Yeah, I'm a comic fan. That's what I care about more than anything else, so that's what I post about: Transformers comics. I wasn't aware I had to follow every single facet of a fandom to engage in aspects of its community. But hey, since its clear that my way of engaging in fandom is wrong here, I think I'll just get leave this site altogether. Thanks for building a community of hostility, TFW!

• Like Like x 3
  12. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I think you're fine and welcome to stay but, yea, we do have some hostile posters here and I'm sorry they're driving you off. Sad to see you go!

• Like Like x 3
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Okay, then I stand corrected. Just my paranoia on hyperdrive. Disregard everything I said about it.

That's just not true. I don't like Rodimus' design, I complained about what they did with Star Saber for about 5 minutes, and I am critical of a large portion of their artistic stable, but I think I've been pretty supportive from about Chaos Theory on (minus the crossover events, which most of us agree take us away from what we enjoy about the books). Even something I think has been overrated, like Last Stand of the Wreckers, I still ALWAYS say it's still worth reading, every time it comes up. Who here has been happier with how they've reimagined Ultra Magnus? Or done with Chromedome/Rewind? No one I can think of. Hell, even as much as I do not like Rodimus' design, every Rodimus toy thread that comes up, I am always one of the people loudly urging Hasbro to finally do an IDW Rodimus, because of how long the people who do like that design have patiently waited.

And outside the main continuity, who here (or anywhere) has been a bigger supporter of the Scioli series? I bought that entire series in three different formats, soon to be four, and defended it against all comers.

I think a lot of IDW fans see anything less than unconditional love as being hate, and that's where some confusion comes in. I like LSotW. I don't love it. But "I like LSotW" does NOT mean I hate it, which is how some diehards choose to interpret it.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, you're not wrong; I was wrong. I apologize and I'll try to tone it down or just steer clear.

15. hardlurk

News Credits:
    not me i still question this guy, anyone could buy transformers toys and pretend to like them over a series of years for the purposes of infiltrating tfw2005

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Anyway, anybody who is considering trying IDW Rom, I'd recommend the 2017 Annual as a good sampler. It's a solid (in my opinion, obviously), self-contained origin story for IDW's version of the character, and while it's not quite 'business as usual' for the book (much of it is set before Rom gets his armour), it does give you a good sense of the general tone and look of the comic. And it's spoiler-free for the rest of the series, should you like it and want to read the rest.

(You can get the FCBD zero issue for free still too, but that's just a short teaser without an awful lot of meat on its bones to judge the comic by.)

• Like Like x 2
  17. hardlurk

News Credits:
    i just last night read the first volume of rom but i read it backwards from issue 4 to issue 1 because of reasons

rom is a delightful crazy person who has gone on a murder spree against what he believes to be a conspiracy of verminous parasites who are sapping humanity's blood and culture of vitality

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

You're the first other person I've heard of to read series backwards ^^ (I've only done it with manga, but still)

19. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Personally, I liked the crossover precisely for that "wahey let's get all our toys together and have a big fight with them" aspect, but I'm very much aware that that's not for everyone. Fortunately it's not really an element of the other Hasbroverse stories, other than Revolutionaries, which at least gets to spend a bit more time on each individual story "nugget".

20. hardlurk

News Credits:
    everyone's always like "come on at least wait till the end of the arc before you judge the story" so fine from now on i'm reading them backwards

• Like Like x 3