IDW Revolution

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by dj_convoy II, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After reading Revolutionaries#3 and checking the wiki, it seems the Visionaries could be joining the Hasbroverse.

2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
  4. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    At least IDW is actually going to USE the Dire Wraiths. Besides, Marvel already has the Skrulls.

5. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Have you read:
    1. Marvel's recent output?
    2. IDW's Rom?
    If you had done either, you might understand.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Marvel's recent output may not be their best ever, but is a hell of a lot better than any of the Revolution books.

7. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    We get it, SK. You hate the Hasbro Universe despite reading very little of it. It's getting a bit old at this point.

Oh, and reason why this is a good thing: had Marvel contested the Wraith trademark and won, we likely wouldn't have seen Hasbro try to revive Rom in any fashion in the future.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They could have created a new story for ROM and let Marvel keep using the Wraiths -- which THEY created -- in good comics.

And what's getting old is you shilling for IDW's mediocre half ass comics with poor art as if they were the second coming. Some of us were already fans of these franchises and think they deserve better. I gave this universe a chance with my hard earned money and the comics were ass. I wish I had just torrented them or something, so I could just delete them and not feel so foolish for being convinced by you to try them.

9. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Except, Marvel didn't create the Wraiths. Parker Brothers did. They were mentioned in his first presentation at Toy Fair '79, which happened before the comic.

You realize that we can simply have different opinions? If you gave the books a shot and didn't like them, that's fine. But I don't see the point in why you continue to come into these threads simply to bitch about it. I like the books, so I enjoy discussing them when stuff like this gets brought up. Heck, I first became aware of Rom and started reading his Marvel series back around 2013, yet I still enjoy the IDW version for what it's doing differently. I'm a fan, so I'm going to do what fans do - celebrate the things we love. And even if I don't like something, I'm not gonna go to where people are talking about it and start bashing it (looking at you, M.A.S.K.).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Dan, I've spent enough time in the TFW comics forum to tell you that there's zero point in continuing this debate unless you enjoy being told that your opinions are wrong.

Remember folks, liking things and wanting to defend them from people relentlessly trashing them makes you a shill!

11. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know that Marvel still uses the Wraiths in their comics.

12. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    why are you in a thread for discussion of idw's revolution comics if you neither like nor read idw's revolution comics

why are you so insistent that idw's rom must be terrible when you haven't even read it, despite having been told repeatedly that it's nothing like micronauts

why am i still acknowledging you

13. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Last time they did was over five years ago. And as much as I like the Marvel ROM series, there's nothing that the Dire Wraiths really do other alien species like Skrull can't.

14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been reading all the Hasbroverse comics.

My main thought going through my mind is I wish there GI Joe scale figs for like Action Man and MASK. Whether JoeClub or whatever. A toyline would be instabought by me, and I don't even collect Joes on a regular basis (only the TF crossovers)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    On top of the fact that Parker Bros came up with the concept of the Wraiths, this is a ridiculous statement. The entire premise of their comic:
    is taken, word-for-word, from the original Rom commercial from before Marvel ever got involved.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    A Joe-scale Ian Noble would be the best thing ever. The Joe Club should do one, but I suspect the pickiness of the Joe fandom would probably prevent it happening...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Things I really want in Joe scale: Ian Noble, Mayday, and a VAMP redecoed as Kup; Mercy Gale , Baron Ironblood and Storm Shadow II; and Milonogiannis's Rock'n'Roll, Quick Kick and Salvo. (Oh, and Turtleneck Cobra Commanders. And I wouldn't say no to a "classic" Dr. X and some X-Robots.)
    Guess what'll never happen?

• Like Like x 3
  18. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I picked up one of the TPB, read it in 3 sittings.

My only thought is this: What the hell did I just read?

Seriously. I still have no real idea what was going on half the time.

It was such a disjointed rushed story that lacked any real story aside for "look at all the characters we've crammed into this!!" And what did exist was so foreign to 80s fans of ... well ... any of it. The M.A.S.K. story was terrible, and the Transformers could have been far more interesting. Since I never got into ROM, that was all new (and weird). Only the Joe part was decent, mostly because I don't really care about Joe unless they're crossing over with TFs.

I'm done with that storyline. Now delving into older stuff I've not read.

19. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Has the Club done RAH-scale figures of the Adventure Team? Cause that's what I want!

Sounds like you picked up the Revolution: Heroes TPB, which was a collection of all the non-Transformers tie-ins. So if your problem was that the stories didn't connect to each other? Well, they weren't SUPPOSED to. They were designed to be extensions of the main story. I'd at least recommend picking up the main Revolution TPB.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Stop trashing it. It was totally wonderful with no flaws whatsoever. These were without question the most beautiful comics produced in the last twenty years. They weren't hacky at all. All that 'disjointed' stuff was just your imagination. Go ahead and throw away good money after bad and keep buying these completely non-terrible comics which were completely perfect, just like people here tell you. Your opinion is wrong. I don't even know why you are bothering to post here, your opinion is so wrong with all your honesty and fairness and stuff. We don't want that here. Only blind love.

• Like Like x 1