IDW Revolution

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by dj_convoy II, Jun 1, 2016.

1. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
  2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    "Revolution will be a five-issue biweekly event series, starting this September, that will bring together all of the company’s Hasbro properties: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, ROM, Action Man, and M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand)). In its wake, all the series will kick off with new number one issues and a new status quo."

That's interesting. Wonder what it means for Transformers, outside of the obvious. Kind of disappointing to see RID and MTME restart their numbering.

3. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It sounds hideous, and all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope the MTMTE and RID survive it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't be so dramatic. Their just changing the numbering of books and probably soft-rebooting/retconning both TF and Joe comics.

5. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Soft-rebooting/retconning still sounds hideous.

I asked this on the main news thread, but why do US comics companies specifically find it so incredibly difficult to just tell an episodic story?

6. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

Now it makes sense why all of the plotline resolutions in MTMTE lately have seemed so rushed.

7. Megastar

News Credits:
    IDW has been doing soft-reboots and retcons of both TF and Joe books before Revolution was even announce. And the ones they'll have here probably won't be as big as fans fear; Cobra Commander never being killed and/or the Autobots stopping the Decepticons attack on New York City.

8. Reask

Reask Predacon

Awww, could this possibly mean we'll never see MTMTE #100? Seriously issue 100s are more rare than issue 1s.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure not all of the series will be starting back over at #1. ROM, Micronauts, and Action Man are just starting, and it's already been confirmed TAAO isn't.

10. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'm just not that interested in a shared universe for TFs. I'd prefer for them to just stay in their own bubble without having to care about a bunch of other franchises.

Also, how will the IDW Collection books work now? Would they start including any comic where a TF shows up?

11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I just hope this doesn't de-rail everything too much.

12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    That's like, a huge fucking deal. That's like, the third worst thing that can happen next to cancelling the books and fully rebooting the entire series.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    At this point, IDW has completely run their original Joe continuity into the ground. With all the constant direction-changes and restarts, they might as well just give up. I can't imagine anyone still has any interest in reading IDW Joe continuity. Meanwhile, Hama's series continuing the Marvel continuity is still going strong and is still a great read. That's the only GI Joe book they need to keep publishing.

Anyway, I hope IDW doesn't soft reboot and relaunch RID and MTMtE as a single series. I like there being two books with different writers and separate tones.

But about Revolution: the only thing worse than a TF event book is an event book that tries to combine all these disparate franchises. Less than zero interest.

14. Megastar

News Credits:
    As I've said before, IDW has soft-rebooted and retconned both TF and Joe books multiple times so this shouldn't be a big deal.

15. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    For all we know, this could wind up being like Infection.

16. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

You don't think it's a big deal that we might pre-emptively end or derail MTMTE's core storyline? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Noxex

Noxex Well-Known Member

Thing is, all the other times they have done this was because both tbe stories and sales were not up to par. If people havent been buying these TF books then nothing will get them to. I have faith they'll keep MTME by itself, other than the tie in issue. But that's awful news if its going to be renumbered. (I wish theyd clarify that.) All that does is confuse people. This is a niche book, just let us enjoy it in peace. ExRID though, yeah that could use a status quo change.

18. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    You mean Infestation? This is already quite a different beast from that, depending on what you mean by it winding up like it.

But MTMTE is always derailing its core storyline on its own! *rimshot*

19. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    I've now got a better understanding of this whole thing. My only concern is that all these other Hasbro properties are going to start popping up or getting referenced in the Transformers comics, where they haven't even existed up until this point.

I think part of the problem is that Transformers is so much bigger then all these other properties.

20. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I'll check out the 5-issue "event" I guess, but I'm mostly just hoping it doesn't affect MTMTE. Renumbering is stupid but I can deal with it.