IDW Publishing To Launch Ongoing Transformers Series Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Sep 15, 2009.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all of you saying it's a reboot, IT'S NOT. It takes place 3 years after AHM(The reset button at IDW dosen't work) So it will be in continuity with previous stuff somewhat(i.e. Jimmy or Verity are supposed to appear in Nick Roche's Wreckers series) but not much.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who gets the feeling that all these recent re-announcements are like Pizza Hut saying they just came up with their first new pizza in years?

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

:lol 

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I'm glad they're sidelining Furman for this one. (Way overdue, in my opinion.) I'm willing to give Don a chance, whether his style is different or not. But frankly, after All Hail Megatron, I am going to have to see a LOT of scans before I decide to spend hard-earned cash on these books. Just sayin'.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    From what I have gathered, they're using previous continuity as the frame work, but have this comic as sort of a clean slate to start a new series from. So it's in continuity, yet not constrained by it. I think.

I think this will work out better as a marketing means to attract both previous readers and new readers than previous IDW marketing experiments. I've never had a problem with AHM being the alternate reality comic it was meant to be, I had a problem with IDW pretending they always meant it to be in continuity.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    ^^^^
    This

I liked the direction Furman's story was going and was disappointed that AHM pretty much did away with it.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes given Tuesday morning

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me, I'm always glad to see Transformers started or continued in any medium, and thankful that IDW is willing to keep the series going in several storylines. We should give it a chance-a looksee at least, IMHO.:D 

9. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Issue One

Sunstreaker wakes up "phew at least the events of AHM were just a bad dream"

Then the fandom is happy :3

10. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why doesn't someone just ask IDW to entertain this thread and answer all these questions.

I'm beyond confused with everything as it is. I have the spotlights, AHM v1 and Devastation et all so this as nothing do with any of that? For that matter do I need to read Maximum Dinobots or does that not fit with any of the spotlights/-ation stories?

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    We got the news weeks ago though, right?
    This thread has deja vu all over it.

12. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    The ongoing is firmly rooted in the previous continuity. It may not involve every single plot thread from what came before, but all of that stuff is still entirely relevant to this series.

Maximum Dinobots is part of the same continuity as well, as well as the upcoming Bumblebee and Wreckers series.

All the flailing cries of "reboot" is the usual fandom over-reaction machine working overtime. Reboot means the previous issues never happened, and that is very much not the case. It's just a new direction, which is something that happens when a new creative team takes over.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, and the characters will act completely contrary to their behavior last issue.

BUT IN CONTINUITY!

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't think "flailing cries" is appropriate for a fandom that has just been force fed a time gap, character redesigns (sometimes nonsensical), dropped plot elements, contradictory plot elements, and miraculous recoveries in All Hail Megatron.
    Hell, Stormbringer clearly showed that Cybertron was currently uninhabitable even to Transformers and then the 1st time we see the Autobots in AHM they are walking around on Cybertron with no problems.

Now we are being given another time gap and character redesigns. It's not too hard to imagine the dropped and contradictory plot elements are far behind.

15. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is that going to carry on from the current one or be completly new

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yay for another reboot!

17. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    I think it's a continuation of the series so far, since there will be a companion "Continuum" issue also release detailing what's been going on the past few years. As far as the first ongoing issue series, I think it just refers to it being called Transformers #1, #2, etc. without the subtitles et al.

Why are they making a press release now when they could have had one back at Comic Con?

Not sure I like the new direction Don's going with the designs, but I'll wait and see on this and the "new" ongoing series...