IDW ongoing to go Bi Weekly with Chaos, plus mysterious issue 125 announced...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by scubaboy31, Apr 5, 2011.

1. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Full Metal Hero - IDW announce bi-weekly ongoing coming for Chaos..

Sound awesome. The addition of James Roberts sounds like it'll spice Costa's stuff up. I love Mike's ideas, just not the execution all the time (although he has been getting better.

Also, I wonder wahat the significance of issue 125 will be.

This is the most excited I've been for the comics in a long time!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    125 I think is the number of issues in the main comic continuity as of that point when measured from Escalation #1. I added up as many as I could remember including the 30 or so ongoings as of that point and although I know I missed a load of spotlights, my count still came out at over 90 issues. Factor in I missed at least one more miniseries, and there's got to be at least 20 or so spotlights which I didn't count, and there you have it. That's your 125.

Why the switch at this point is anyone's guess though. I'm thinking purely because there is going to be no more miniseries from here on out set in the main continuity, it's all going to be kept to the one book, which will be both a blessing and a curse.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you mean "Infiltration" not Escalation. This all sounds really exciting!!

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    ... so a return (of sorts) to original sub numbering. Thats awesome. It geninely feels that things may get back on track from here.

excellent stuff.

Now if only we could get E.J Su back for a stint...

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, yes I did.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Marketing ploy. They're aware that their product is growing stale. So start this big "CHAOS" event, then at the end (which you purposely solicit WAY ahead of time) you change the numbering back to 125, and now there's all this crazy silly mysteries going on.

Let me know when they actually finish the storylines that they've already said they've retconned. I mean, if it's all going to be one big story now.

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im soooo glad there is no more miniseries being made the amount of stuff i missed had to catch up on or didnt read in order becuase of all the offshoots was driving me crazy

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WHOA! scope that background! Wheelie! he finally got off that planet!

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The numbering thing sounds dumb.

But I'm stoked about James Roberts

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    IDW "hey, if we can bust this shit out quicker, instead of actually getting one well written comic, we can ramble through two and get paid twice"

Just hoping James Roberts pulls it out the bag again

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That does it. I'm dumping this series... there's no way I'm going to pay twice as much every month for Costa's half-assed space-filler, and this announcement gives me an indication of a good jumping off point.

From July onward, I'll just wait and see if it doesn't suck, and pick up the TPB versions if the diagnosis is good. I'll save some bucks, and cut down on my month-to-month loathing sessions. :) 

Oh, and "The Last Earth Story"?? Well, that sure kills my enthusiasm, just the same as Season 3 killed my enthusiasm with it's "future-space-opera" setting. Transformers without Earth isn't really transformers, as far as I'm concerned. :p 

zmog

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    infiltration 6 issues (7 if you count #0)
    stormbringer 4 issues
    escalation 6 issues
    devestation 6 issues
    maximum dinobots 5 issues
    all hail megatron 16 issues
    ongoing 31 (before renumber)

thats 74 comics which makes the next issue #75 where the hell they getting this 125 from wheres the other 50 issues? unleess theyre counting variants whoops then it would probobly be 1125 issues

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    you missed out spotlights, the minis revelations... it all adds up to 125.

14. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I think I'm with Smog. This series keeps going in directions I have no interest in following... And when it is going in a direction that interests me, they bungle it. The only part of the series worth reading since Furman left is LSotW.

15. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's the list according to Wikipedia (take it for what it is...)
    Chronological comic orderThis is a chronological order of the comics per which the timeline of events developed.

1-4. Megatron Origin #1-4
    5. Spotlight - Blurr
    6. Spotlight - Shockwave
    7. Spotlight - Jazz
    8. Spotlight - Cliffjumper
    9. Spotlight - Wheelie
    10. Spotlight - Hot Rod
    11. Spotlight - Sixshot
    12. Spotlight - Ultra Magnus
    13. Spotlight - Soundwave
    14-17. Infiltration #0-3
    18-20. Stormbringer #1-3
    21-22. Infiltration #4-5
    23. Stormbringer #4
    24. Infiltration #6
    25. Spotlight - Kup
    26-29. New Avengers/Transformers #1-4
    30-31. Escalation #1-2
    32. Spotlight - Nightbeat
    33-36. Escalation #3-6
    37. Spotlight - Ramjet
    38. Spotlight - Galvatron
    39. Spotlight - Optimus Prime
    40-43. Devastation #1-4
    44. Spotlight - Blaster
    45. Spotlight - Arcee
    46-47. Devastation #5-6

48. Spotlight - Mirage
    49. Spotlight - Grimlock
    50-53. Revelation #1-4 (contains Spotlights on Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer & Sideswipe)
    54-58. Maximum Dinobots #1-5
    59. Spotlight - Drift
    60. All Hail Megatron #15
    61. Spotlight - Metroplex
    62-76. All Hail Megatron #1-14 & 16
    77. Continuum
    78. Spotlight - Prowl
    79. Last Stand of the Wreckers #1
    80. Transformers #1
    81-82. Last Stand of the Wreckers #2-3
    83. Transformers #2
    84. Last Stand of the Wreckers #4
    85-86. Transformers #3-4
    87-90. Bumblebee #1-4
    91-92. Transformers #5-6
    93. Last Stand of the Wreckers #5
    94-97. Ironhide #1-4
    98-101. Drift #1-4
    102-105. Heart of Darkness #1-4 (#2-4 unpublished)
    106. Infestation #1 (main series)
    107-108. Infestation #1-2 (Transformers series)
    109. Infestation #2 (main series)
    110-123. Transformers #7-20 (#18-20 unpublished)

If you add all the comics up to what starts this thread (Ongoing #21-#31 & #125) you get 134 (9 too many)
    Cut out “Avengers (-4)” , "Continuum(-1)" and “Infestation (-2 main series & -2 TF series)” and I get 125, I don’t know if that is how IDW is calculating, but it works for me.

16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    If Roberts co-writing doesn't excite you then it's probably best you drop the book. I'm so excited for this, but I'm not really interested in peoples complaints anymore, especially when changes are being made. I'm really tired of people making solid judgement when there isn't a huge amount of info to go with. It could go either way. I'd rather be positive and hopeful.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Meh, I find Earth stuff pretty boring. Space is where is at. Granted these comics don´t make me have much hope.

I mean Last Stand of the Wreckers is pretty fucking awesome and doesn´t need silly Earth stuff.

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I guess this kind of explains why I saw G.I.Joe #126 or something the other day at the shop. I figured they were doing a renumbering scheme since I hadn't recalled seeing a G.I.Joe comic numbered up in the 100's from IDW before.

I hate it when they renumber stuff. Marvel went on a "let's start over at 1" craze back around 2000 or so and it drove me bonkers. I think they ended up picking up where they left off later on too....

groan.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully this is the end of IDW take on Transformers. Whole thing has been ship wreck. Andy was one of the worst things to happen to Transformers. I haven't seen an editor who knows nothing about the property more than him. I only feel bad for guys like Guido, Alex, Don, Casey, Matere

20. Sky St0rm

Sky St0rm Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan of the IDW continuity when Furman was writing. He had a way of making every mini and spotlight feel like it was part of the same tapestry and when the final pieces came into place, it was very satisfying. Next thing you know, All Hail Megatron comes. At first it's billed as a "what if" type of story and then it becomes actually continuity and the focus is back on Earth. Furman's vision was great because it felt like Transformers all over the galaxy. The geography of it was expansive. It felt like the kind of thing that an adult transformers fan would enjoy. Y'know? The G1 characters, but with fun, cohesive, smartly written sci fi. I didn't read AHM, because it spent WAY to much time on the humans. I don't mind a couple of humans or non tranformers in the series, but I love tranformers because I love sci fi robot warfare. Also Guidi's art is not consistent and then the fill in artists that were use just didn't hit the mark. Actually the art has been a problem with me on the ongoing. The very first arc was great, and Don's new faces got better with each issue. Soon as the first arc is done, the art goes down hill. This is where proper editing should have come in: All the Transformers had new robot modes and many had new alt modes. It was a good 4 or 5 issues before the character designs returned to what they were in the first arc. Also the change in art really changed the mood of the story. International Incident could have been really bad ass, but Guidi's work was different every issue until the last two issues of his run. I don't get why he isn't drawing the same way every issue. Guido, please when you draw Transformers again, PLEASE make it look like your Galvatron Spotlight. I also believe that the Bay movies influenced this series alot, that's why the made BB the leader, and why the Autobots are teaming up with humans. Anyway, I'm done rambling. I want Transformers in space scrapping the slag out of each other. If we are gonna have "The Last Earth Story," then bring it on!