IDW November 2011 Transformers Solicitations

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 19, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    30# interesting

3. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does seem pretty interesting. Wonder just how well they will execute the story on this arc.

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Sounds interesting enough. Looks like we'll definitely be getting some plot advances and revelations here.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I like the Jazz cover. Looking forward to seeing how this CHAOS storyline pans out.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I like most of the stuff going on right now, but I'm a little annoyed by the prospect of Earth being completely removed from the series. They have some good human characters. It seems like a waste to just drop them all.

7. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Im gonna totally be the bad guy here. I used to faithfully collect the comics. The Dreamwave stuff was amazing to me. I understand everyones hatred for Pat "keepin the porsche" Lee. The simple fact is that was the end for me really. The series stuff depicts Prime as some kinda of emo cyberpussy with care bear tires whos afraid to flag pvp and go out there to kick butt. The original concept of Optimus Prime was that of a protector and a leader who was just doing the best he could. His Autobots believed in him and thats what really made him powerful. Now all you see is typical comic book bullshit where every other issue and "reboot" has him sulking on the sidelines being a whiner while most of his Autobots plot against him or denounce what the Autobots are trying to do in the first place. Brings me to the second glaring issue that I have. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING ANYMORE? Call them toy commercials all you want to at least most of them had a discernible beginning middle and end. I cant recall the last "story" I read besides the spotlight issues that actually made sense as a story. Its like they spend all day "setting up" a story for zero follow through. The Autobots would save the day and wait for the Decepticons to strike again. Now they just sit around and bitch about their lack of cable and nay-say the guy leading them whos an absolute whiny douche-bag. This contrived mess doesnt look any different really. The art does look nice though. Theyve consistently had some really good artists on. In the end though...thats all I can really say about these craptastic series. Good art.

8. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The 'good human characters' went with Furman and Roche.

9. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Volume 5 Chaos Theory, issues 19-24 ?

I missed out on getting 19-22 so I just decided to wait for a trade, need to know when I can start getting the ongoing again.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes. That is one ugly version of Jazz.

I'm not saying the art is bad, just that the design looks like crap compaired to his traditional design. (I thought he was another redesign for BB until I read the comments here.) Honestly, I thought they were basing the current models of the characters off of the current toys. Is there any reason to change his botmode in the story, or is this just the artist want to redesign an icon just because he can?