IDW Kup Spotlight Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

It's been said officially that every Spotlight Issue will tie directly back to the main storyline of the Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation/Revelation storyline. I can see how all the rest will fit in (though Hot Rod's is kinda shady, it has alot of possible angles), I'm kind of in the dark about how Kup's issue will work into the plot. I mean, other than him getting better, what more could come of the issue that would make any impact on the main plotline? Opinions/thoughts?

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It's hard to say.

I thought that Ryall's comment about the Spotlights meant that we may see characters and locations that appeared in the Spotlights and viceversa.

I don't think it means that every plot point will lead into the main book.
    Although there are some, like Nightbeat's, in which the plot is definitely going to spill over into the main book, I don't necessarily think that Kup's will.

However, I do think we'll see Kup and Trailbreaker again.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think I read somewhere that the writer wanted just a "one off" where it didn't tie directly into the main TF books.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Perhaps there was something on that planet that's important. Remember, Shockwave experimented on many planets, Earth being just one. Perhaps that was another. The crystals might be a form of Energon (evidenced by their volatile nature and effect on those without proper protection, a little like Beast Wars Energon)

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'm going to go with that. Because it makes enough sense. And that means I accept it. I'm too hungover to argue and you should be too.

EDIT> Yeah it's 6:30 PM. Wanna fight about it?

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I think it means we'll see Springer's group and Trailbreaker again, maybe in Devistation. But there could be something about the planet too, also any cosequences for Springer & co that might arise from Kup now being rescued.