IDW "-ion" graphic novels....rare?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Miggytron, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I'd like to start reading Transformers comic books again and have been looking around for Infiltration, Escalation and Devastation. The first two I found on Amazon, but Devastation is either sold out or ridiculously overpriced wherever I look. Why is that?

Was it even released as a graphic novel or do I have to hunt down individual issues?

Anyone know where I can get all three?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Your best bet would be a specialty comic book store. That's where I got all mine, although I still need all of Devestation...and AHM #4, which my store never got for some reason...

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

So you collected the individual issues?

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i picked them all up in tpb last summer at a comic store in nyc called Midtown Comics. I'm pretty sure they still have some copies.

5. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

I don't think Infiltraton TPB is in print anymore. I collected the single issues but wanted to have the trade paperbacks for reading/display as well. When I went to my local comic shop to order them, they couldn't get Infiltration which is the first one!

But yeah, try going to a comic shop and if they don't have it see if they can order it. Takes about a couple weeks and you usually have to pay for it in advance or leave a deposit.

6. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Try the mega bookstores like Barnes & Noble or Borders, as well. Varies store to store, but they typically have a decent selection of trade paperbacks. Usually in the Graphic Novels section, but location veries per store.

7. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I've seen a copy of Infiltration at a local Barnes and Noble, but I can't find Devastation for a decent price anywhere. I think it sold out its print run, and they need to publish some more copies. Even my local comic shop couldn't get a copy for me.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're all being reprinted in the "Premiere Editions" IDW have coming up from May...

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah. While it's not as nice as the TPB's, it gives me a sense of completion to know that I got all the comics of a certain run. Plus I also have a few "special" issues, such as the all-black-and-white issue of Escalation #1, and TPB's can't give that to you.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up the Devastation TPB from my local comic shop. I have all the -tons in TPB and single issues.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Amazon sellers of trade paperbacks are ridiculous. I can't believe the prices they set for some books, but I guess some fool out there will probably buy them.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got all the "-ion" TBPs at Barnes & Noble. I think they still have some of them left. I wouldn't really call them rare, though I have seen them go for ridiculous prices on eBay and Amazon.

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I see them all the time at various different bookstores, not to mention my local comic shops. Meh, never realized they were hard to find.

The All Hail Megatron trades, though... see them once and then they dissapear. I'm sure they'll be restocked, though.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The IDW store had volume 2 and volume 1 was on Amazon for a decent price. That's where I got both my volumes from.

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I remember seeing a bunch of IDW TF trades, the ations and Stormbringer, at one particular booth during a local comic convention. There were tons of them, and dirt-cheap, like $6 each and less if you bought lots. Wish I remembered the booth's store name!

16. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits: