IDW Had Plans For An X-Files/Transformers Crossover Comic Book

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It probably would have worked better back in the day. I can imagine Hunter and Mulder running into each other while examining the same thing.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Eeeexcept that the events of JLA/Avengers directly led into the JLA "Syndicate Rules" arc.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    D'oh! I did not know that...

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

There's a new ongoing X-Files comic book coming out. And IDW's doing it. It was announced recently. It's being called "Season 10" and it takes place some time after the second X-Files movie and it is in the official X-Files universe. Chris Carter, the creator of the X-Files, is the executive producer of the new comic book series. The first issue, "Believers", will be released June 19th.

IDW did get the rights and is doing an ongoing X-Files comic. So I think the possibility exists that IDW may do an X-Files/Transformers crossover comic book in the future. I don't know if it will happen. But it is not an impossibility anymore.

Actually, given that December 22nd, 2012, the date of the X-Files alien invasion, has come and gone, I think if IDW does do a crossover, it should be in a new rebooted X-Files universe with a younger Mulder and Scully currently in the FBI as agents.