IDW Had Plans For An X-Files/Transformers Crossover Comic Book

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Fox sucks. Once they do something right, they cancel it.

2. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yep. Look what they did with the X-Files. They had the chance to make X-Files 2 an alien/conspiracy movie. But no, they had to make it a somewhat boring monster of the week instead.

3. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I prefer the Syndicate. But the old X-Files Syndicate is gone. It has been replaced by Super Soldiers.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you. IDW has written some turkeys. I will never forgive them or Simon Furman for what they did to Arcee. So stupid. Why couldn't they have written Arcee like "Transformers Prime" did. I just want to see a comic book at least that's well written. Which IDW writer to you think would do it justice?

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Personally, as much as I loved Mulder and Scully in the FBI, I think they should just start from now. Have Mulder and Scully, ex-FBI agents, discover the Transformers somehow. As per the last X-Files movie, though Scully wants a normal life now as a doctor, Mulder is still on his quest for the truth. The guy just doesn't give up.

As for the Syndicate? Unfortunately they killed off all the old members and replaced them with Super Soldiers. I'd love to see Cancer Man back if nothing else, but he got blown up in the last episode. Unless that was not him but a clone of him which I would buy since they made so many clones of Mulder's sister. Maybe each Syndicate member has several clones of themselves which they send in to do the really dirty and dangerous work? And, if they bring back Cancer Man, I think at least he should somewhat know about the Cybertronians just to make him really scary! Mulder and Scully should be in the dark though until the day when Decepticons attack their asses and Prime and the Autobots have to save them!

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Ok. Actually breathing a sigh of relief.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. Chris Mowry told me about two or three years ago (can't remember exactly when) that they couldn't get the rights to the X-Files because Fox wanted too much money. Unless things have changed and IDW is keeping a big secret from us. Don't know.

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You could still make out what was going on in those X-Files episodes more than you could in the Michael Bay films. I'll take shadows any day over excessive shakey cam.

10. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well there has never been an official X-Files/Transformers crossover written ever. All that exist is some fanfic.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd set the crossover somewhere in the first four seasons - definitely pre-Fight the Future.

Starting from present day doesn't feel right. Is the FBI going to keep dragging them back when things can't be explained?

12. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that may be a slap in the face to alot of X-Files fans. I don't see why Mulder and Scully need to be in the FBI anymore. If they discover the Transformers and the Decepticons see them as Autobot allies, they will be targets from now on. They will probabely have to live with the Autobots for protection. Being public FBI figures would not help them.

13. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

There is a hell of a lot of HE TELL ME going on here.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one think it sounds like a pretty dumb crossover...much like anything outside of GI Joe/Transformers.

That's like saying let's have a crossover of E.R. and Magic school bus or CSI and Bob the builder.

15. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

IDW didn't think so and wanted to do it. I think TF/XF would be a great crossover. GI Joe/Transformers crossovers seem to be getting old though I think G.I. Joe Renegades/TF Prime crossover would be good.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Dude, multiquote.

17. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I love that this whole thread seems to be about how the OP is buddies with Chris Mowry.

18. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I'm not buddies with Chris Mowry. I just sent him an email years back about a possible X-Files/Transformers comic book and he sent me a reply. I just hope it happens in the not-too-distant future.

19. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see it ever happening and that's probably why it hasn't. It takes away to much from the x-files mythos and seems silly with the tf mythos. If it came out it;d be a lame cross dimensional thing where the transformers come and go after they solve a case with Mulder and Scully, possibly energon being discovered by the two and one of the cons trying to steal it.

It's great if that's what your imagination leads you for but marketing wise it just doesn't bring anything to the table.

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Why does it have to be canon? Why not just make it a one-off story that takes place during the early X-Files investigations? Or an alternate universe story of some sort.

IIRC, when DC and Marvel published the Justice League/Avengers mini-series, it was marketed as a non-canon event. Just something that fans wanted to see.

As a fan of both the X-Files and the Transformers, I think there's some good potential here for a fun story. Will it ever see the light of day in a comic? I'd say the chances are slim.

As pertains to story - instead of an admittedly lame cross-dimensional cross-over type of thing, why not mix it in with a G1 type story? Stipulate that the Ark and the Nemesis crashed on Earth millions of years ago, and something triggers the awakening of the Cybertronians. The Decepticons start trying to steal energy to make energon, so the Autobots put a stop to it. Of course, this battle doesn't go unnoticed, so the United States government (with Syndicate involvement) go to great lengths to cover up what happened, while simultaneously trying to figure out what the hell is going on. In the middle of all this, Mulder gets tipped off that something is not as it seems which leads to him taking Scully out to the place where it happened, and so on.

I think it would really work well if the event that awakens the Cybertronians is a side-effect of some sort of plot the Syndicate has going on, getting ready for the alien invasion. Black oil and energon don't necessarily have to mix here - as a matter of fact, the Decepticons could conceivably convince the Syndicate that they are the best hope Earth has against colonization, and that Autobots are agents of the alien colonists. And then of course, the Decepticons betray the Syndicate.

Lots of potential here. Lots.