IDW - Generations #9 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDW publishing has put up a 5 page preview of this week's release of Transformers Generations #9, also there are pictures of all 3 covers.

Check out those pics along with the rest of this weeks releases here.

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Hmmm Dinobots versus Trypticon. The scaling is WAY off. I'm sure I bought this comic when it came out in the Marvel run, but I can't remeber much about it.

The first couple of pages in the preview make me think of Lost Skeleton of Cadavera!

Especially when the proffessor whips out the pipe. So 50's. :lol 

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Is there going to be a covers gallery of the new cover art for this series? I'd love to have some of these. The last one, with Megatron being 5-teamed by the Predacons, was VERY nice. This is cool too, but I can't help thinking Grimlock and Trypticon are making out.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm curious - does anyone here buy these regularly? I haven't really felt the need since they've been released; I've already read the old Marvel TF comics and, honestly, I'm a snob for the new IDW/DW style artwork.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here if you like them, I'm just curious.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thats actually a pretty sweet issue, with an all out brawl between the dinos vs trypty.

grimmy was so heroic...of course the following issues he reverted into an ass.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm buying them because I'm completionist for all TF-related comics. Personally, I haven't cared for most of the new covers, and the old Marvel art hasn't held up well over the years in many cases.

My comic shop guy says he only orders them for me. Just by nature of what they are, I can't imagine they're selling all that well. They also went from two regular covers to one for issues 7&8. Looks like this one will have two again.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I bought all the Titan reprints but I don't buy comics that I already own. once i own them in TPB form I don't need to own them again. i've never bought any generations title yet. but i do like the covers - just not enough for me to buy it for them.

8. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

do they plan on reprinting the whole series? Or is this going to stop like the TPB's?

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Oh! I want a copy of that.^^

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ive been passing, and i buy everything TF....my store is only ordering one right now, and i dont think weve sold a single issue...its just not worth it...trades are infinately better...IDW should just release 6 issue trades with new cover art in between the issues...and a new art for the trade cover as well...cuz i totally love the new art for them, but thats not worth it to buy the issue again....maybe ill change my mind when my discount is 35 percent...but even then, ill just buy them so my boss doesnt have to dollar bin all of them....

11. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i got the first couple soley because of the sweet-ass Ashley Wood covers, as soon as they raised the price AND dropped Ash, i dropped it ~ i've already bought these once and since they're bringing nothing new to the table, seems silly when the TPBs are still pretty easy and cheap to track down ~ if IDW "remastered" them with new colours or something, i'd totally get 'em, but as it is it just seems pointless.

and these new "interior panel" covers just seem beyond goofy...